Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Spied these bedded down 700 yards out... told my wife and boy to hike back behind us, then around, following various depressions and then to crawl up the final hill to get in range. It worked great, I video'd it all from the truck.

She was within 40 yards when they finally stood up... a long range shot for the ole .243 for sure :mrgreen:

-DallanC

·
Registered
11,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sweet picture, thanks for sharing! What is your digiscope setup?
Scope is 85MM Vortex Razor, Phone is Samsung Galaxy S5. We use these things for cases, they are cheap but still well built (comes with holster etc). I bought a couple extras:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/23120965476...49&var=530430346895&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

At Lowes I found a ABS plastic cap that fits the end of my spotter just perfectly. I drilled out the exact center with a 1" bit for the camera to peek through, then I aligned the ABS cap with the black plastic portion of the case & camera, marked it, then drilled holes through it and pop-riveted it all together. I can take a picture later if you want of the final result.

So because the black plastic portion of the case is so easily removable, I swap the back with the abs cap off and on as needed when I want to video or not. Works really well as you can see.

I also drilled a small hole through the side of the cap, tapped it and put in a small set screw, but thats not always needed, the cap holds things just snug enough to not move.

Cost me like $1 for the cap and 1 extra case above for $6. So yea, $7 for great video / picture capability

-DallanC

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.