Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
What a joke. I'll bet that will be a tasty treat with 7 bullets, 5 of which are through the hind quarters. I have a hard time believing they couldn't get closer. I would be embarrassed to post that on youtube.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
The most disturbing hunting video I have watched.
There is nothing ethical about this. This type of "long range shooting"
Is what you see on TV. At least the TV guys practice shooting at those ranges and use a rifle cal that acctully take down an animal at that range.

This is what you get when an amateur try's to mimic what he sees on TV. No different from a kid breaking his neck trying to do a backflip on a bike.

Disaster

·
Registered
538 Posts
Here let me start

"Don't bag on other hunters who prefer long range"

"It's part of the long range experience"

Lazy POS. I can't believe they would save that video. Probably family of the Goblin Toppler goofs.

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
I can't believe he was laughing and hamming it up for the camera while the bull was still up. If you're going to be a piss poor shot at least keep shooting until the deal is done. Lucky he didn't lose that one while he was screwing around.-------SS

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
The way they were acting is a big turn off for me too.-O,-
Doesn't seem very respectful towards the animal.:mad:

·
Senior Goof
3,612 Posts
This isn't long range hunting. This is someone with money who bought a gun and an expensive scope and is shooting out of his league. if you practice at 200, don't shoot at 300. If you practice at 600, don't shoot at 820.

Easy to see he isn't an experienced shooter. If you hit that far back, 7 times, and can't make a simple adjustment on an animal that isn't moving, you clearly have no idea what you are doing.

Good thing he bought a guide. I could guide people 1000 yards from animals on an LE hunt all day long. If I pay 5K-10K, I expect more from you.

·
Super Moderator
3,411 Posts
Sad to see that such an amazing animal had to go out like that. I guess for some people, waiting 17 years for one tag means they can make one horrendous youtube video.

I never can fully understand why some people holler and shout after shooting an animal...

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
Don't you guys know that all you have to do is buy an expensive longrange gun and you're good to go. You don't need to know the difference between a Mil and a MOA, what a subtention is, BCs or what ballistic decay is. No need to practice. Just get out there and shoot at animals. You might even think that wind doping is a new drug.
Come on guys, get with the times.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I never can fully understand why some people holler and shout after shooting an animal...
Haha-- well said Jeff. It is because they watch the theatrics on hunting shows..... I rarely watch hunting shows- as in I haven't seen one in a couple years. My days are happier without hearing "Boo-Yaaaaaa" (sorry Booyaa), "Dirt NAP!", "Smoked HIMMMMMM", etc.....

Oh and I didn't watch the video. I trust GDog's assessments.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.