Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
I know a couple people who shoot like that from 150 yards, but talk real big "I should have taken that shot, it was only 500 yards, I could have hit him." Totally ridiculous.

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
Pretty funny photo shop. I like how the back leg disappears in the last few shots.:p

My idea of long range hunting is driving more than 2 hours to get to where I want to hunt.:shock:

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
That is actually not a photoshop and the hunters that missed those shots were actually not that far from the deer. This scenario was more of a case of buck fever that it was long range shooting. If I can recall correctly that buck was within 250 yards.

·
Premium Member
3,784 Posts
That is actually not a photoshop and the hunters that missed those shots were actually not that far from the deer. This scenario was more of a case of buck fever that it was long range shooting. If I can recall correctly that buck was within 250 yards.
Maybe it is the heavy editing but still hard to believe. 8 minutes down to 15 seconds.

This was their comment on the Youtube version:

Published on Nov 11, 2015
My Buddy missed the same buck 13 times!

My buddy is a great shot, but new to hunting. This video shows what "buck fever" can do to you, even when its within your effective target range! Yes, this really happened. Opening morning in Utah we spotted this decent buck. After 8 minutes of shooting, and only having 1 bullet left, the buck didn't even flinch and finally decided he had enough and walked over the ridge unharmed. Needless to say, I was rolling around dying with laughter on the mountain as I filmed!! Anybody else have a buddy that gets buck fever and shoots like this?! I know I've let the fever get the best of me before too! We feel lucky the buck was not injured, and can't help but look back and laugh at the experience! I think we've all experienced buck fever before!

Follow me:
Instagram - FinchOutdoors:
https://instagram.com/finchoutdoors
Facebook - Justin Finch:
https://www.facebook.com/justin.finch.79

·
Super Moderator
3,441 Posts
That's awesome! I remember the first time I ever shot at a buck deer, I had buck fever so bad that I missed him 7 times standing broadside at 225 yards. Pretty embarrassing!

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
That's awesome! I remember the first time I ever shot at a buck deer, I had buck fever so bad that I missed him 7 times standing broadside at 225 yards. Pretty embarrassing!
Haha. Yup, been there also. I missed one 11 times my second year hunting at 17 yrs old. I remember finding one last bullet in my pocket and after 10 rounds zipped by him he was still standing there looking confused. I told myself to calm down this is your last bullet. That thought made the fever much worse. Funny 22 years later but man that sucked in the moment. :)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Buck fever!! At some point we all experience it. I couldn't understand how someone could come so unglued shooting until I experienced myself. Makes for a good laugh afterward.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts