Utah Wildlife Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
That's what I did with my 4 year old chocolate lab. I debated studding out, but ultimately, I didn't want the headache. I understand. I know some people that have litters, and have been very good dogs if you want information. They're not in Utah. One is Arizone. One is in Idaho. One is in Minnesota.
I'm going keep looking local for now. I don't want the added expense of shipping. I'm sure I can find a good one, just being picky as I'm not in a hurry. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Good luck in your search. You'll find one that will work.
My dog just came back into heat and my wife and daughter said no to breeding her again. Its hard to want to go thru the stress of getting the pups taken care of. Last summer the best litters were $700-800. I couldn't bring myself to sell the litter to a person who wanted to broker them.
I see people asking ridiculous money for 7 & 8 week old pups, and those same pups are down hundreds of dollars 3 & 4 weeks later. I have seen a few litters that end up going for free because they can't sell them.

·
Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
797 Posts
So, details. Where did you find her? Name? She's a good looking pup from the picture.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
So, details. Where did you find her? Name? She's a good looking pup from the picture.

I found her in Central Utah. She is 6 weeks old, and I won't get her home for 2 more weeks. I had pick of the litter, there were 2 females and 5 males. I would have been happy with any pup in the litter and the choice was difficult to make. Both parents were on site. The Sire is a yellow with strong field lines, the Dam is white/yellow with field and show lines. There are a few names I'm considering like, Opal, Skeeter, Pippin, River, Cedar or Tilly. I like Skeeter and Opal the best I think.

·
Registered
All of it. Hiking is terrible without a gun or rod in my hands.
797 Posts
I found her in Central Utah. She is 6 weeks old, and I won't get her home for 2 more weeks. I had pick of the litter, there were 2 females and 5 males. I would have been happy with any pup in the litter and the choice was difficult to make. Both parents were on site. The Sire is a yellow with strong field lines, the Dam is white/yellow with field and show lines. There are a few names I'm considering like, Opal, Skeeter, Pippin, River, Cedar or Tilly. I like Skeeter and Opal the best I think.
Awesome. Those are solid names. Make sure to post updates. Pups are frustratingly fun.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I remember when I brought my last lab pup home. That first week was sleepless and he also didn't like the crate. He was at the side of the bed in the crate, and when he "cried", I'd get up, take him out to go pee. The second week, he was doing real great. Then, he cried and wanted out. I took him out and he didn't do his thing so, in we came. repeat....repeat....repeat. So, I the last time I took him out and left him out. He was just fine and never made another sound. I guess some dogs don't want to be inside all night.

I feel for you Fowl. I hope all is well and the bonding is taking place great.

You do know you and Skeeter are under a ton of pressure now after sharing the family addition on the forums? Not to add any, but....I expect you to show us "Skeeter the Super Dog" in a year or two. ;)

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
We are getting the crate training figured out. Also, she was introduced to a goose wing. She is a tiny little thing, the photos make her look big. She drags that wing all over the place. It’s quite entertaining!
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Fawn
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Companion dog Grass

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
I love, hate, no, love puppies......I love seeing other folks puppies is what I think I'm trying to say. One day while your out playing with her, it's just going to be like a switch turns on in her head and it all begins to come together.

She is a gorgeous pup for sure! Kinda makes me want to go find another one, but, I remember the puppy stages and the dedication it takes to help a pup become great, and I change my mind. I dont know if I could deal with loosing another "companion". It sucks that us humans outlive our hunting buddies that don't judge our faults.

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
This little girl is a firecracker. She has no fear of anything, and is the most curious dog I have had. She gets into everything and anything. Holy crap she is a handful, and I am enjoying it all. She gets along so good with my 14 year old lab it makes things so easy.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Mammal Pet supply
Dog Furniture Comfort Couch Dog breed
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Grass Companion dog
Dog Furniture Comfort Couch Dog breed
Wood Sculpture Window Gargoyle Art

21 - 40 of 48 Posts