Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Loah, .45 and othere that have never ice fished.
I'm calling you out!
Let's do the deed, and getrdun!
Either East Canyon, Rockport or Strawberry.
January what? You pick.
I have all needed equipment. You just need the warm clothing and waterproof boots.
How about it boys, is it a date?

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Grandpa D, you're a heck of a nice guy.

My ice-hole virginity has been spoken for though. :lol:

On the 12th, I'm being inducted to the world of ice fishing by a group of our fine members (be gentle guys...It's my first time :lol: ).

It'll be a good outing, I'm sure. All the gear will be there, so no worries.

I would, however, love to get out on the ice with you Grandpa D. I'll take you up on that offer as soon as it's convenient for you (and .45?) after the 12th.

Let me know. Thanks for the offer.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Ahh shucks , I thought you were going to sacrifice a virgin on the ice . I could bring some fire . I like fire . :lol:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Grandpa D said:
Ok Loah, .45 and othere that have never ice fished.
I'm calling you out!
Let's do the deed, and getrdun!
Either East Canyon, Rockport or Strawberry.
January what? You pick.
I have all needed equipment. You just need the warm clothing and waterproof boots.
How about it boys, is it a date?
You must have looked in the wrong place Grandpa D !!!... :shock:

I'm not virgin to the ice at all !! If you were to look waaaaay back when this forum started, I splained ( Lucy ) why I don't care to ice fish anymore...I have ice fished a lot at Otter Creek, Bottle Hollow, Strawberry, Starvation, East Canyon and even tried ice fishing a few smaller river's...sooooooo. you see I'm no virgin. Just don't like it anymore...

However, with such a fine offer, I would certainly consider it in the future.. :)

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
LOAH said:

On the 12th, I'm being inducted to the world of ice fishing by a group of our fine members (be gentle guys...It's my first time :lol: ).

I would, however, love to get out on the ice with you Grandpa D. I'll take you up on that offer as soon as it's convenient for you (and .45?) after the 12th.

Count me in if there is an open invite, if not then i apologize... I am not an ice virgin but woould love to drill some holes for those that are.... :D

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
I have never been in the ice. I would like too. I have plans on the fifth and 12th I'll have to see when you guys schedule your outing and see if I can fit it in. Like frogger if it si not an open invite I apologize.

·
Registered
952 Posts
LOAH said:

Hehehe... I cant wait LOAH. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: Grandpa D im no virgin by any means, more of an ice *****... I cant get enough! But I still think it would be fun if we just had a big get-together on the ice one day. Eh?

·
Registered
599 Posts
Y'all can take my flower. Ive never been. I got all the stuff to do it, and planned on going durring the new year break, but I just came down with strep so Im screw for the next few days. So ya lets do it!

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Ice Ho's... *\-\*

Ice hole's... /**|**\

Ice fishing virgin's.... :rotfl:

I'm not real sure I'd care to hang out with that crowd or not... :? :D

·
Premium Member
3,698 Posts
Hey we're Ice Fishing Virgins and would love a little help from a pro. Let me know I'll chat it over with the ice fish'n partner. Based on our experience at PV on Monday it's all in the experience of the winter....RIGHT :!: Let me know if two gals can tag along with you.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I have been ice fishing a total of one time and that was almost 10 years ago. I would love to go, but I need to buy some gear. I hope the invite wasn't only directed to .45 and LOAH, but I would be interested in a little ice trip.

·
Registered
4,302 Posts
I would love to go!!! Lets make it this Sat unless i'm not invited? :( I am a virgin this year and have only been 4 times ever. I have everything but the auger... I vote the berry. Especialy after hookjaws report O-|-O O-|-O O-|-O O-|-O maybe the marina?

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
I would be in! let me know when and where, and I;ll see if I can make it.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
No longer a virgin as well, but if we get a UWN ice day together let me know. I am taking the plunge this week getting my auger and some warmer gear, although after my vegas trip my ice tent may have to wait...

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would like to have an Ice Party for the UWF Forum members.
My problem will be when?
I won't be available until early in February.
If that works, let's look at Rockport.
Easy access to the ice from the Marina and you can fish for perch and or trout there.
Let's see what happens.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I love Rockport. Count me in.
If your reading this post and would love to check out ice fishing but don't have the equipment. Don't sweat it. I could probably take a small army and Im sure many others on here would lend out some equipment. Just let us know.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
What's all this noise about 'Ice Fishing Equipment? All I ever took was an auger or chainsaw, normal fishing pole, small tackle box, a ladle to scoop the ice out, and a 5 gal bucket to sit on... 8)
I just don't understand why a person would need more than that..... :?

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
You are right .45.
That's all you need to get started.
But then the bug bites you and you loose all control.
If it has anything to do with ice fishing, you just have to have it!
It's a horrible disease with no known cure at this time.
Be very careful around other ice holes. They can spread the diease to you by contact! :twisted:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts