Utah Wildlife Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
you could see smoke again yesterday afternoon -- but it looks like they've got a good handle on the fire. I'm impressed, considering the weather we've had since last Saturday.

Reactions: backcountry

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If they wrap this up as quick as it's looking than the USFS deserves so much credit. The number of man hours put into thinning around there and Duck Creek are wild. Even then I'm shocked it never really ran with those winds you mentioned, PBH. They've been persistent for days.

Fingers crossed the temperature rise forecasted doesn't change the outcome.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
If Cedar is any indication it must be ugly up on the hill.

You know our situation in the West is getting bad when the wildfire update literally references the "fuel conditions not seen since the Dust Bowl era of the 1930s.". 😬

The past is prologue.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Sounds like they made great headway on the Mammoth Fire despite 40-50 mph winds. I think it's 40+% contained now. Impressive.

Some idiot started a wildfire in the La Sals with an unattended campfire. Looks like Ken Sleight's, aka "Seldom Seen", old, subdivided ranch lost two homes from the flames.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Bummer, never hunted the region but I know that range well. I fear Brumley Ck could be in trouble if it burned hot during that run last night.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts