Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spent Saturday morning hunting one side of a road in soapstone. Hiked for around 4 hours with shots all around me. I was above camp and was debating on walking to camp or walking around 2 miles back to 4 wheeler. I decided to hunt the opposite side of road in a small patch of trees just off the road above camp. Got a shot at 2 cows but missed as they went through thick trees. I decided to walk the rest of the way about 200 yards on the road along a open field. When I got half way along the field this bull ran off the top right towards me. I took one shot before it got to the road, missed some how. Then I got one last chance as it was about to get into the trees. Put scope in front in an opening in the aspens. As the body came into the view of scope I shot it. Shot the heart and it dropped right there. It was 20 feet from road and less than 50 yards from 4 wheeler. It's a spike by 2 with a small kicker on the side with 2. The image would not show that side.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Nice man. Can't beat that! Thanks for sharing your success with us.

Reactions: Bowdacious

·
Administrator
21,629 Posts
Way2go.

Uh....that spike has a great lookin' tongue. Did you keep it?

Nevermind, I 'spose ya did, you were only 200 yards from the road.

Reactions: Mtnbeer

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
That's more than just luck, far better than being 4 miles from the nearest road.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Congratulations. I hope I can be that lucky come November 21 on my cow hunt in the same area.

Cheddar

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Sounds like it was a good year out of soapstone. That is the 4 th bull personally I have seen dropped so far. My brother in laws family killed 2 and a neighbor got a very nice 6x6 quit a few cows to. Sounds like there was a good sized herd in the area this year. Congrats to all

1 - 13 of 13 Posts