Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get my wife on her 1st buck. We hunted Mud and Clyde Creek and see plenty of deer but no bucks. There wasn't very many shots, that I heard either. I'm just wondering how the roads are, if there is private land, terrain. Or if anyone knows where there is an annoying spike/2 point that you just don't want to shoot lol, I can get her on easily. Any info is very much appreciated.

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Main Canyon? Man, seems like there's a bunch of "main" canyons up near there. But there are deer all around there and not a ton of private. I'd drive the loop from hobble up over through sheep creek. There's lots of little trails along the way and plenty of deer to see. Most of the time those bucks are off the road a ways. I'd get out and look up on top every now and then.

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Main Canyon is well known. A lot of people hunt that area. I haven't been over the entire road. But a 4 wheel drive with decent clearance should be good enough.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Fair warning...watch yourself if you take the fork down into Wanship. Wicked and nasty and...that's where I saw bucks. Just an anecdote, so take it for what it's worth. But that's where I'd hunt. (I'd take the ATV and leave the truck up on top.)

·
Registered
6,713 Posts
Fair warning...watch yourself if you take the fork down into Wanship. Wicked and nasty and...that's where I saw bucks. Just an anecdote, so take it for what it's worth. But that's where I'd hunt. (I'd take the ATV and leave the truck up on top.)
The bolded part is definitely true. If that is an option, I would do that as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts