Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,674 Posts
Anyone who has driven that freeway has seen these sheep. The topography is like a stadium....no way to ever get away with that. Guess they wanted a couple days worth of fame at the expo next year.------SS

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Jackassery knows no borders.

You suppose the fact that most people face almost impossible odds to ever legally draw certain Big Game tags adds to the number that are willing to poach an animal? Just trying to figure out if it's straight greed (profit, resale of certain antlers, heads, etc.) or straight stupidity that is the chief root cause of these behaviors.

·
Super Moderator
9,779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would say that these two jackwagons had no idea of what they would end up with. To my knowledge all states require you to get the horns sealed after shooting a bighorn, so there was no way that they could sell them except to someone that knew what was happening. They also just cut the heads off leaving the capes on the bodies, now they would have to find a taxidermist that could come up with a bighorn cape if they wanted them mounted.

I personally think that they just decided to shoot first and figure things out later, and with it being along the side of a freeway makes it even dumber. But then a few years ago another idiot did the same thing in Glenwood Canyon in Colorado. He shot a large bighorn and stuffed the head into a culvert. It took a couple of days for the game and fish watching that culvert before he came back to get caught. He did the same thing, just cut the head off with no cape in a canyon where thousands of people drive everyday. The only kicker on this guy was that he did hunt legally at times, but no more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts