Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being new to hunting I am starting to get really confused about the limited entry hunts. I want to see if I can get enough points to hunt the manti unit with my bow but it says on the dwr site that there is only a any legal weapon hunt in this unit. Is this true? If you draw a limited entry tag is there only one season or do you get to hunt the archery season there as well. Sorry this is a stupid question but anything helps.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
There are 3 hunts. Archery, Rifle(Any Weapon) and Muzzleloader. You only get to hunt the season you draw out for, unless you put in for, and draw the premium l.e. tag for the unit. If you want to hunt with a bow, and have the best odds of drawing, then put in for the archery tag.

·
Registered
854 Posts
There is 3 weapons 4 hunts. Archery early rifle muzzy and late rifle. Don't look at the hunt tables they will only show hunts that haven't happened yet. It's really annoying they take the hunts that are over off. If you look at the bottom of the hunt table map it will tell you the other hunts that happen in those boundaries.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts