Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well I know everyone tries to be subtle about it but here it goes, plus I've been building up my post count for several years just for this moment to ask for info and not look like a newb with one post! ;-) I'm Headed out tomorrow for something I've waited a long time for and probably won't see again for 20 years! I've got the ML tag that starts Monday and If anyone would like to share any info on areas, I am more than willing to receive it! :) Honey Holes are welcome as well! :grin: I'll swap any duck or deer info if you're interested as well. I'll be checking my areas up past fairview canyon and cleveland/huntington north reservoir but if my areas turn out to be a bust or the hunt gets desperate with these hot temps coming, any extra info might come in handy. I'm Also going to be filming/documenting a lot of this hunt, so I can't wait to share it.... and to all the guys out there waiting to draw their elk tags, I wish you the best of luck in drawing soon,, I'll be giving it heck up there on the mountain! Hope everyone has a fun and safe hunt.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I remember seeing some posts about people hunting Manti for archery. They are done so they would be more likely to share. Try searching for the archery folks and see if you can find some help. I wouldn't take any advice from competing rifle hunters as they may send you on a wild goose chase. Good luck.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I remember seeing some posts about people hunting Manti for archery. They are done so they would be more likely to share. Try searching for the archery folks and see if you can find some help. I wouldn't take any advice from competing rifle hunters as they may send you on a wild goose chase. Good luck.
Well I'd hope they wouldn't mess with a ML guy. If I see bulls up scouting this weekend and run into a rifle guy trying to fill his tag, I'd be inclined to help out. These tags don't come around often!

·
Registered
790 Posts
I'll be down there as well. We will be further South in the Manti Area so I will post on here if I get service how things are going. Good luck and maybe we will see you down there somewhere on Skyline Drive. We head down tomorrow, so I am trying really hard to make it through today!

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
how far south raptor? I know some areas further south around twelve mile flat if you are that far. Feel free to pm me if you'd like. sorry edit, not sure if it's called twelve mile flat or creek and over towards Mary's nipple if you know where that is.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Golf, that is right about where we will be. I sent a PM to you before I saw this post with some areas to check out up North. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
how far south raptor? I know some areas further south around twelve mile flat if you are that far. Feel free to pm me if you'd like. sorry edit, not sure if it's called twelve mile flat or creek and over towards Mary's nipple if you know where that is.
Mary and Molly sure got around quite a bit, or so it would seem. :D

I replied to Raptorman yesterday on his ML hunt, but the same general info would apply to yours. I've also posted on several other threads about my hunt last year, and you could look them up. If you get stuck, or want more detailed info, shoot me a PM.

The bulls will be there, and you'll have a blast. Hit it hard, and you'll be successful. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
My group hunts 12 Mile Canyon and I've only caught a couple smaller 5 points on the cameras this year...probably not worth your long awaited LE tag but if you get desperate, I'll send you the coordinates.

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I shot a smaller one. I'll post up a report when I get the pics and video all together.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts