Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just getting pumped to have drawn the tag! (Archery) I had my first scouting trip over the weekend and found some bulls. I really wish the hunt extended into Sept more but ill try and make it work. Hope to show everyone some trail cam pics here soon.

Lets hear some archery (or rifle) Manti elk stories. Work is dragging today! Were the elk talking? I need to scout a few more areas and pick plans A,B and C.

Mark

Reactions: tallbuck

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
sweet! I have the ML tag this year. I can't wait! I'm just praying we get some nice cool weather patterns during that time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I remember being on the Manti several years ago on labor Day weekend and it snowed on us! just a skiff, but the weather is so weird these days you never know what you will get

·
Registered
163 Posts
I had a budy draw the LE muzzy tag down there a few years ago. I went with him and he ended up getting a 360 bull. It was a little later in the year but there were a lot of Elk singing. I deer hunt down there and see plenty of big elk when i'm there. How many points did you draw on?

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
5 points... archery isnt too bad. The family has some property near scofield. (not really enought to hunt) but we get up there more often because of this.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Get us some pics of that bull PS! 360 is huge in my book!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look for the canyons that everyone else walks by and says there is no way I am going down there. I had a great time last year on the Muzzy hunt. Don't pass up a bull you would take on the last day.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Spent all of last week up there. Saw hundreds of elk including some great bulls. I used to live on the unit and helped my buddy's wife up there two years ago. She killed a 336 bull on the late hunt. The one thing I'll say about the unit is use your imagination. Everyone hunts skyline, but there are elk everywhere. If you don't mind hiking steep country you can find some diamonds in the rough. There are even some giants walking around up there. 320 to 330 bulls are more the norm, and I wouldn't pass one up.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I really enjoyed the video that you put together for the elk hunt. That was awesome! Thanks for sharing. I am patiently awaiting my turn to hunt elk on this very same unit. Maybe next year!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts