Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my bear hunt starts on Saturday and I have a few bears on my bait. Finding that it is a lot harder to judge the size from trail camera pics. So thoughts on the size of the Bears coming in? Here are a few of the pics.

Attachments

·
1,666 Posts
I think they may all be the same bear, picture 4 may be a different bear; but with the angle it is hard to tell.

Beautifully colored bear, but probably a little young.

I would guess 2 -3 year old bear.

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
I think it's the same bear too. Nice color and pretty thick for being so early. He'd make a nice rug. I'm guessing around 5 foot nose to tail.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I think picture 1,2, and 5 are all the same bear--has the look of a mature boar to me. The other pictures may be the same bear, though I'm assuming different since it is a different location. Those pics look like pretty good bears, too. Any other pics for comparison?

If you want a huge bear, you should pass. If you want a good bear, you should shoot. Good luck!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a bunch of other pictures but these are the best ones of the head and face. I also didn't post any pics of the smaller bears. My tag is for the Wasatch current creek area so I was not sure what a large bear for the area consists of. I have the multi season tag so I have time to be picky.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts