Utah Wildlife Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maybe a little contest...?

2K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Cody Freeman 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, like it or not we are officially into the holiday season. With Thanksgiving over and Christmas quickly approaching, I had an idea for a little friendly contest, with whatever meager proceeds going to a local charity.

First, the charity. One that's a little to near and dear to my heart at the moment is the Ogden Regional Hospital NICU. I happen to know a handful of couples with babies that won't be home for the holidays that can't afford to stay close for more than just the day, and then they have to head home. I was thinking it might be nice to pick up the tab for a hotel room, for a night or two for them. Or the money could simply be donated to the unit.

Now for the contest...
I'm not big on "this duck is better than that duck", to each their own on that... I also don't prescribe to the school of "bigger, is better". So no measuring, or calculating points.

Here's my idea. How about a "7 shot" contest??
Take one hunt, shoot 7 shells, take a picture of the bag, and post it here on the forum. Donate as much or as little as you like. I'll see if I can round up a prize or two. Winners could be picked at random. It's going to have to be an "on your honor" deal. If someone has a better idea on how a winner could be choosen, I'm all ears. I wouldn't even mind restructuring a little bit. Contest will run from now until Dec. 20th.
It's for a good cause, it could be kinda fun. If a guy took it serious, it could really open up your eyes to some new things.

Shout out if your in!
Later,
Kev

See less See more
#14 ·
Seems like we may have stalled a little here. If we don't get a little more interest in the next day or two, I may abandon the idea until next season maybe??
I think it's a fun little contest, and for a good cause, but maybe the timing is off.
If there is still some interest, please respond.
Later,
Kev

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.