Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well me and my boy Nibble Nuts headed up to Scofield Tuesday afternoon/evening and I finally broke my trout drought!!! WHOOOOHOOOO. I really it owe it all to you guys here on this forum, and I'd like to thank the little people, my wife for supporting me all these years, my producer, and of course the fans, because without you none of this could have been possible. Here are some pics of a right dandie of a rainbow I landed using the minnow method as described by LOAH in the fishing questions section.[attachment=3:14rj22eg]rainbow.jpg[/attachment:14rj22eg]
I used a clear slip bobber and used a 5-6 ft leader and put that minnows butt out there and the bow snached it. In all actuality, I went up to my car to grab my coat as it was getting pretty darn chilly, and Nuts actually set the hook and handled most of the fight, so we're taking dual credit, kind of like sacks in the NFL.
Then, we moved down a bit from where we were and I was getting bored out of my mind watching a dead minnow do little more than sink, so I changed tactics and went finesse on those fishes a's. I used a white tube jib tipped with a bit of worm, which I've done a million times on bass and I suddenly felt right at home. An old local guy tipped me off that that always worked good for him, so I gave it a whirl and this was the result.[attachment=2:14rj22eg]tiger.jpg[/attachment:14rj22eg][attachment=1:14rj22eg]tigerlength.jpg[/attachment:14rj22eg]
Nibble Nuts was so dang proud of the beautiful fish that he shared a tender and precious moment.[attachment=0:14rj22eg]tigermakeout.jpg[/attachment:14rj22eg]

And although Scotty P wrote me a PM that said he really prefers trout to be handled all to peices to near exhaustion and death, I took the high road and he was back in the water fit as a fiddle in under 3 minutes. Same with the bow, but it was more like 2 minutes.

On a side note, I'm posting a bunch of bass photos from a recent trip to Pelican in the Warm Water section, and since no one ever seems to go there, I'd thought I'd send the message out here.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Dude... very nice. :lol: Those are some awesome fish. Thats a pretty sweet label on that pic with Nuts in it... fishmakeout. Priceless!! Thats funny what you wrote about your release time.... Did you release the fish and then throw your hands in the air like a calf roper? A video of that would be freakin sweet!! 8)

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Rat, and you know I do it cowboy style!!! I like to yell "TIME" as my hands go flying up to make sure that everyone knows I'm done too.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Wow! Looks like the old familiar stuff really pulled through for you after all. That's good.

I'm glad you rocked it at Scofield and I'm glad Nuts got some lovin! Gorgeous tiger.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Glad to see you and nibble nuts get into some slimers while the bass fishing is slow. They are a lot of fun and scofield has some really nice fish in it! We will have to get out either later this year or in the spring and fish. Next step is to catch them trolling, then flyfishing and you have the whole slimer arsenal.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Orvis, that sounds like a deal! I would really love to learn trolling and ultimatley flyfishing. I can seem to snag a few through the ice, and the minnow thing in slowly coming along, so the more tools in the 'ol fishing arsenal the better. Have you ever whacky rigged a senko? Cuz that's what I have to offer.

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
J-bass said:
Orvis, that sounds like a deal! I would really love to learn trolling and ultimatley flyfishing. I can seem to snag a few through the ice, and the minnow thing in slowly coming along, so the more tools in the 'ol fishing arsenal the better. Have you ever whacky rigged a senko? Cuz that's what I have to offer.
I barely know what a senko is and I have heard about drop-shotting but honestly I couldn't show anyone either. I have all the fly and trolling gear so will take you an nibble nuts out and you guys can show me the magic through the ice and with the spiney ones. At the end of the day we make new fishing buddies, lean new tactic/techniques, fish new water and become better outdoorsman for it. Besides enjoying a few cold ones along the way! That is why I would hate to see this forum die like the DWR forum...

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
orvis1 said:
That is why I would hate to see this forum die like the DWR forum...
And that is why we all need to become bronze members by donating, or snootie diamond members if you prefer. We also all need to get along, even with members that are real jerks and hard to get along with, who if we met in a back alley we'd beat senseless and steal their social security card when they were unconcious and steal their identity to ruin their good name and credit and then file fradulent insurance claims in their name to get them arrested and jailed for felony charges. Even people like that, we need to get along with here.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
J-bass said:
orvis1 said:
That is why I would hate to see this forum die like the DWR forum...
And that is why we all need to become bronze members by donating, or snootie diamond members if you prefer. We also all need to get along, even with members that are real jerks and hard to get along with, who if we met in a back alley we'd beat senseless and steal their social security card when they were unconcious and steal their identity to ruin their good name and credit and then file fradulent insurance claims in their name to get them arrested and jailed for felony charges. Even people like that, we need to get along with here.
Wow.... thats one hell of a sentence.... :lol: I'm glad you feel the need to get along with me.... :p

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
LOAH, I caught another first with the jakes out there. A crawdad actually went for it and I hooked him. Wish I could have got a pic of that.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Riverrat77 said:
Wow.... thats one hell of a sentence.... :lol: I'm glad you feel the need to get along with me.... :p
I do feel the need to get along with you... but only on the forum as the sentence implied. :wink:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Ah come on LOAH, you're ruining the dang story. Let's just pretend that the guy is such a jerk and so darn lame, that HE carries his SS card with him. :wink:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts