Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday was brutal, how hot it was.
I took 100 ounces of water with me in my pack and it was gone by 11:00am. I had left my filter in the truck, so I hiked off the mountain and drank 50+ ounces at camp and then took 50 more with my for the evening hunt.
Which I also consumed.
Come on cooler weather.

·
Registered
600 Posts
same here...I started with 3.5 liters(about 118.349 oz) saturday... I hiked from mill d north fork till dog lake and continued hiking till i hit butler at butler I had about 1 liter left(12:00 lunch break)...i then decided to hike up higher(i think i may have been looking for a peak more than elk :/ )
anyhow i hit the peak i was hiking too(great views. and i glassed alot of the mountains around me...) and had 10oz of water left...I decided to mix that with some wildnerness athlete hydrate and recover...and energy & focus...hiked rest of the way down the mountain through game trails(some chest and waist high greens) through a canyon that hit back up with the mill d north fork hiking trail...ran into a hunters camp site which they hooked me up with 16.9 oz water bottle and then went to the car drove to mcdonalds and bought myself a LARGE double quarter pounder meal....downed 4 of those LARGE(32 oz) cups of powerade(128 oz) then went home...got out of the truck and had some insane leg cramps right as i hit the concrete...got back into the truck to let my legs rest and hopefully not cramp...

I must say that was the most dehydrated i have ever been...

I got a late start on the mountain so i was hiking from 7am till i got back to the truck at 6:30pm. I was carry about 40 lbs with my water and gear with plans to sleep on the mountain for an early start sunday...

Next time I will bring atleast 6 liters of water or stay closer to water sources...Perhaps a little bit cooler weather would help too :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts