Utah Wildlife Forum banner
421 - 440 of 472 Posts

·
Administrator
8,296 Posts
Back when my mom was alive she was restricted to a wheelchair and we had the HC placard available to us. We just left it in the home and whoever took her out to a store or Dr would just grab it. Many times people asked me why I left it hanging in the house and then park in the back 40 of the parking lot. I just found it much easier to do it that way than to struggle to find a open HC spot and then only find one that was open that was just as far away from the store doors than where I parked.

The only time that I actually used on was when my brother in law had his knees and hip replaced and was using a walker. But even then if I could just grab him a shopping cart he would just lean on that to help himself keep his balance and walk.

But as I found out years ago you never know just what a persons handicap is that allows them to obtain that placard. Some may look perfectly healthy but have a underlying condition. You just never know.
Yeah it’s definitely a topic that one can’t cast judgement unless you truly know the situation.

My scenarios that I’ve experienced I know the individuals quite well and sadly they were simply abusing their access.

·
Administrator
11,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #434 ·
I got a great deal on a really nice Honda Rubicon that way several years ago.
Still have it, been a great machine.
I've seen some good deals like that. One was a Ithica Mag10 deluxe shotgun and 2 dozen magnum geese decoys for $400. I already had a Mag10 so I gave the add to a friend who just blew it off. By the time that I called the lady she had sold them a couple days before.

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

421 - 440 of 472 Posts