Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. I am hoping someone can give me some information and maybe know some things.
I have been invited on a Mexico Mule Deer hunt in January. I am super excited, but also nervous with all that is going on in Mexico. I am hoping someone knows something about the outfitter and ranch to ease my mind.
The booking was done through http://www.bowhuntingsafari.com/Buehrer.html
The ranch is with
Sergio Jimenez Lezama
Ave. Roble 660
Col.Valle del Campestre
San Pedro, Garza Garcia
Nuevo Leon
http://www.mexicohunts.com/el-plomito-ranch-1/
I want to go on this hunt SOOOO bad, but I also want to make sure that this is a good deal and I don't end up dead under a cactus!!! Please help if you know anything about these guys.
Thanks!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I'm definitely not an expert on Mexico nor do I know anything about the outfitter. Having said that, I worked for an international company up until January of this year that had operations down in Mexico. Our experience with US citizens traveling to Mexico was that they were pretty safe. Most of the cartels and other gangs seem to understand that they want to avoid drawing too much attention to themselves.

·
Registered
9,404 Posts
You need to do your homework on the outfitter. Send them a email and ask them questions along with asking for references. Then send the people that are listed as a reference a email and ask them if it would be alright if you called them and if it is what is the best time to do it. Then before you call them write down a list of question that you have then cross your fingers.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I hunt every year in Mexico and am very comfortable doing it. I do not know this particular outfitter but I do know Sonora and that's where you will be hunting.By all means seek out as much info as you can on the outfitter. However Sonora in general is very safe.They do not suffer from the drug trade as do some of the other states. There are many ranches in Sonora that offer great mule deer hunting and I would expect that you will have a great time.
Good Luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts