1 - 20 of 169 Posts

·
Administrator
21,439 Posts
thanks

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
This craps gonna end in blood one of these days. Eventually federal law enforcement will push back and this won't end well for either side or any of us for that matter. There are ways to peacefully protest, and calling for armed militia is not what I consider peaceful.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
-O,--O,--O,-

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
The topic should read "Militia Men Take Over Federal Building In Oregon"

The Hammonds are planning on reporting to Jail on Monday as they told the judge they would do. So, a bunch of idiots with guns set out to accomplish what? The 2 felons that this whole thing is about are heading back to jail regardless. These chowderheads are going to get their ***** knocked in the dirt.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
Taking over a federal building could be argued as trespassing on government property, a 4th degree felony. Can't hide their way out of this one. They done screwed up on getting any resolve...

·
Administrator
21,439 Posts
I have been to Burns on a number of occasions and did some bird watching in the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Burns, a small town in the middle of nowhere, has more quail than any place I have ever been to. I'm involved in the Christmas Bird Counts (CBC) held throughout America. They have one in Burns, at Malheur. The number of quail counted in the 15-mile diameter circle each year on the Burns CBC is phenomenal. I always wanted to participate in the Burns CBC.

You couldn't find nicer people than in Burns but the last time I was there some individuals were pretty angry with the government, angry about the suppressed logging and the shutdown of the local sawmill, among other things.

Boy, after doing some bird-watching at Malheur I put the bird refuge on my bucket list of places to bird hunt. I wonder if the militia is gonna let the hunters in the refuge? It goes without saying they'll stop the Pinko Commie birdwatchers from getting in.

Hey, a public service announcement: If any of you fellas go up there to protest, and do a little duck hunting on the side, remember that the Malheur Refuge is not open for the extended White Front and White Geese season.
http://www.fws.gov/refuge/malheur/visit/visitor_activities/hunting.html

Reactions: stevo1

·
Registered
60 Posts
Catlow Valley sure is no Bunkerville. This will be real interesting.
On the lighter side of things, there is excellent fly fishing in the Blitzen river for native red bands.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Besides being convicted of arson, allegedly to hide poaching, it looks like Hammond has been convicted of harassing hunters on public land. It appears they felt the public land should be closed to hunting because the wildlife "temporarily wandered" onto it from the private Hammond ranch.

I'm not sure these guys are the ones hunters should be siding with....

"And in 1999, Steve Hammond confronted hunters on land bureau property near his ranch. The hunters said the next day "he fired several shots from his firearm that the hunting party heard about, but he said he was shooting at rabbits," Assistant U.S. Attorney Frank Papagni Jr. said in court recently. Hammond was convicted later of interfering with use of public land.

An attorney for Steve Hammond said in a court filing that his actions "arose out of his belief that there was something wrong with a system that authorized commercial hunting of wildlife that temporarily wandered onto barren public land from private land lush with forage."

SOURCE: http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-n...f/2015/12/ranchers_fight_with_feds_spark.html

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't see anyone saying
this is ok.
These people are why people who have guns scare people who do, 't.
They are criminals pure and simple.
It's not the hammonds that escalated the problem it's the wacos now involved. No different from international terrorists.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
187 Posts
I don't see anyone saying
this is ok.
These people are why people who have guns scare people who do, 't.
They are criminals pure and simple.
It's not the hammonds that escalated the problem it's the wacos now involved. No different from international terrorists.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk
I didn't mean to imply anybody on UWN is defending Hammond or Bundy, but some of the other hunting forums have guys that are defending them. My post was directed at them. Sorry for any confusion.

·
Registered
4,476 Posts
On the lighter side of things, there is excellent fly fishing in the Blitzen river for native red bands.
You are right! The only problem is that fly fishermen probably rank about as high as the pinko commie birdwatchers in the eyes of the militia crowd. It could be hazardous duty for a few hours on the stream.

·
Administrator
21,439 Posts
I didn't mean to imply anybody on UWN is defending Hammond or Bundy, but some of the other hunting forums have guys that are defending them. My post was directed at them. Sorry for any confusion.
There are other hunting forums? Yer kiddin' me.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
I saw this on FB...
"If a Muslim takes over a chicken coop anywhere in the world, it's a terrorist situation. 150 white guys take over a federal building, claiming they are prepared to remove the federal government and... meh.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
Yea, this is a whole different deal than the thing in Southern Nevada. An armed take over of a federal facility is a terrorist action.

Reactions: klbzdad and Kwalk3

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I am beginning to think the Bundy bunch needs to have their water tested. Sounds like there are some heavy metals in there causing mental instability.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I am beginning to think the Bundy bunch needs to have their water tested. Sounds like there are some heavy metals in there causing mental instability.
Its not heavy metals. Looking at Ryan I have a real good idea about what it probably is though. And no, you can't submit pictures of them for gear and prizes.

Besides you guys have this all wrong. This #cowboylivesmatters thing is where it's at, all the cool kids are doing it.

Reactions: SLCHunter
1 - 20 of 169 Posts