Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ice fished Minersville yesterday (12/26) and was not disappointed. Caught around 20 fish between 4 of us, most averaging around 18 inches. The largest on the day was 21.5 inches, and very fat. Used small tube jigs, and small hair jigs also worked well. We fished along the dam in about 7-10 feet of water. The party north of the boat ramp was catching far more consistently than we were, so next time maybe i'll try a new spot. Great time to take the kids, but make sure the truck is near by for when the wind or snow picks up!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i dont see why they allow ice fishing at blue ribbon fisheries . . .

ice fishreman mostly use bait tipped jigs, right?

hows the mortality on those trout fished outta a hole?

sm

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
southernman said:
i dont see why they allow ice fishing at blue ribbon fisheries . . .

ice fishreman mostly use bait tipped jigs, right?

sm
I don't see why you even come on this forum, all you ever do is bitch and moan. You sound like my wife southern man. :evil:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Good report and nice pic's!!! You brung the whole family !!!! :D :D

·
Registered
952 Posts
Good looking fish you got there Chris. Those look like some helathy bows. Nice that you got to bring the fam along too. Southernman whats your deal. Are you out to just stir the pot or are you really just this big of an ass all the time? Every post I read of yours is negative, always raggin on somebody or something. Like my mom always told me, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all! 8)

·
Registered
385 Posts
Greenguy88 said:
Good looking fish you got there Chris. Those look like some helathy bows. Nice that you got to bring the fam along too. Southernman whats your deal. Are you out to just stir the pot or are you really just this big of an ass all the time? Every post I read of yours is negative, always raggin on somebody or something. Like my mom always told me, if you dont have anything nice to say dont say it at all! 8)
+1 couldn't have said it better

·
Registered
980 Posts
southernman said:

sm
Probably pretty high since most would keep their fish while ice fishing. Last time I checked it was legal to keep fish.

If you really care that much, I hope you don't fish at all, because that is a pretty hypocrital statement made by a fisherman. If you are from PETA, then I guess I can understand that.

I would bet you have killed a lot of fish thinking they were fine after you released them.

Edit: Very nice looking fish there Christopher30. Your kid will remember that for a long time. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
629 Posts
As long as they are within the regs for minersville (slot limit and no bait) the mortality shouldn't be any worse than fly fishing and would be well below what it is in the heat of summer with any tactics including barbless flies. I release many fish while ice fishing and I think they fare very well. The fight is short, they are easy to land and unhook, and they swim back down the hole strongly. I have never had to revive a fish when ice fishing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
yah just stirring the pot,

yah let me get together with your ole lady, she sounds like a peach . .

just asking a question...

and yes i think all blue ribbons should be banned from ice fishing totally....

sm

·
Registered
309 Posts
southernman said:
yah just stirring the pot,

yah let me get together with your ole lady, she sounds like a peach . .

just asking a question...

and yes i think all blue ribbons should be banned from ice fishing totally....

sm
Why?????

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
FC2Tuber said:
I think southernman is bored and needs to go fishing.... :roll:

Sometimes....I wonder why he just don't post in the Gut Pile to begin with...it could save the mods a lot of work.... :?

It sure is rude to ruin somebody's Fishing Report.. :evil:

·
Registered
3,581 Posts
Thanks for the report and pics! Looks like you had a great time and those looked like some real healthy fish. Always great to be able to take the kids out fishing, they are the future of our sport!

·
Registered
451 Posts
Southernman is a closet fisherman by night and lunch lady by day. Honestly, if you had to wear a hairnet and clean up lunch trays you would be pretty annoying as well.
Keep up the good work SM, that pot of stew you're stirring right now for the first 11:45 lunch for the B track kids looks delicious!! -)O(-

·
Registered
36 Posts
quakeycrazy said:
Southernman is a closet fisherman by night and lunch lady by day. Honestly, if you had to wear a hairnet and clean up lunch trays you would be pretty annoying as well.
Keep up the good work SM, that pot of stew you're stirring right now for the first 11:45 lunch for the B track kids looks delicious!! -)O(-
oh eat **** you ****ing asswhole

1 - 20 of 38 Posts