Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit Minersville with Christopher30 today. Decent day got there around 11:30 and our first holes didn't produce anything so we moved to a point farther up and dropped some jigs down. Chris got a big rainbow about 19 inches about 15-20 minutes later. I got a good pic of it but I'll post it later, I don't feel like going throught the process right now. Then after a while I pulled up a 16-17 inch rainbow. First fish I have ever caught ice fishing. Only about 10 minutes later I got another one. Then the bite slowed down for a while and I can't remember what time but Chris pulled out a great cutthroat. Then I caught another rainbow. We caught a few more and Chris caught one that was taking line really fast he pulled it in and it was a 17-18 inch bow. I'll have him post the pics later he took a few. He ended up with five fish his first the biggest and his last two were smaller but not much. I caught four that all looked pretty much the same just big healthy bows. Had a great time Chris we'll have to do it again sometime.

·
Registered
261 Posts
here ya go BTK! Good thing the fish's mouth is closed otherwise the whiners would come out of the woodwork and tear you to shreds. If anyone is curious, we were using live minnows, corn, powerbait, and chumming whole fish parts transported from other blue ribbon fisheries, particularly the ones that have whirling disease. If we used jigs, they were tipped with a minnow or a mealworm, and they were most definitely scented. We kept 25 fish between 15 and 22 inches, and we also severely mishandled, abused, belittled and insulted all the fish we released that were over and under the slot limit just to get the point across that we don't like them and the way they swim through their precious blue ribbon fishery. If those fish are lucky enough to survive the horrible treatment they received today, we'll do the same thing to them next time. :wink:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Christopher30 said:
we also severely mishandled, abused, belittled and insulted all the fish we released that were over and under the slot limit just to get the point across that we don't like them and the way they swim through their precious blue ribbon fishery. If those fish are lucky enough to survive the horrible treatment they received today, we'll do the same thing to them next time. :wink:
:lol: :lol: :lol: !!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
fixed blade said:
Don't listen to those two weirdo's _(O)_ . Please show some pic's preferably without your fingers in their lungs. :wink:
:rotfl: - Now that's funny!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Christopher30 said:
here ya go BTK! Good thing the fish's mouth is closed otherwise the whiners would come out of the woodwork and tear you to shreds. If anyone is curious, we were using live minnows, corn, powerbait, and chumming whole fish parts transported from other blue ribbon fisheries, particularly the ones that have whirling disease. If we used jigs, they were tipped with a minnow or a mealworm, and they were most definitely scented. We kept 25 fish between 15 and 22 inches, and we also severely mishandled, abused, belittled and insulted all the fish we released that were over and under the slot limit just to get the point across that we don't like them and the way they swim through their precious blue ribbon fishery. If those fish are lucky enough to survive the horrible treatment they received today, we'll do the same thing to them next time. :wink:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :lol: :lol: Still funny.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Come on you're not gonna give up that easy are ya improv? I'll be disappointed if we're not constructively criticized here.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Christopher30 said:
Come on you're not gonna give up that easy are ya improv? I'll be disappointed if we're not constructively criticized here.
What - and get more threatening emails - no thanks. If your post inspires me to make a comment beyond the "nice fish" or "good catch" - I'll just send an PM or an email, that way we can all live in peace and I don't have to worry for the safety of my wife and children (cut brake-lines, ruined off the road, etc…). :wink:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Improv said:
Christopher30 said:
What - and get more threatening emails - no thanks. If your post inspires me to make a comment beyond the "nice fish" or "good catch" - I'll just send an PM or an email, that way we can all live in peace and I don't have to worry for the safety of my wife and children (cut brake-lines, ruined off the road, etc…). :wink:
It should be standard proceedure to do those things. Oh I miss the good ol' days when it was a harmless prank to cut someone's brakelines over a slight disagreement. :cry:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts