Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm aching to get out and hunt but I know the crowds will be really bad opening day. Do you think Monday afternoon will be crowded at some of the WMAs?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm aching to get out and hunt but I know the crowds will be really bad opening day. Do you think Monday afternoon will be crowded at some of the WMAs?
Weekdays usually aren't crowded. It might be crowded for a weekday, but it will be night and day difference from the opener. I would hunt it if I had it off, and I HATE crowds.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I remember when the hunt was a major event. Families all taking the week off, school used to have a UEA weekend off or something to that effect...

Now, yes the weekends are crowded unless you get far enough into the mts. that nobody else wants to pack out an animal.

Last year I couldn't believe how many hunters were leaving opening night.. truck after truck drove past our camp down the mountain! Sunday was very quiet, as were the deer. And Monday morning we only saw a handful of hunters. About 10 minutes after first light I bagged my first deer and another hunter bagged one 15 minutes later about 20 yards away from where we were cleaning out mine.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I haven't hunted the opener in years, but I always hit the Monday after. Will there be people? Yes. But it is WAY less crowded and I usually still have a great shoot.

·
Registered
416 Posts
It always amazes me at how fast the mountain clears out after the opening day or two. Come Monday, everyone else is back at their desk job and you can have the mountain almost to yourself. Good luck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts