Utah Wildlife Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Yeah, the dude is sitting in jail right now wondering what he can do as an encore to keep his title as the stupidest person alive.
Maybe he was scared of spiders?

I'm telling you, if I see a spider I'm heading straight to the garage to grab either the butane torch, or more preferably the weed burning torch -- that spider is going down!!!

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Maybe he was scared of spiders?

I'm telling you, if I see a spider I'm heading straight to the garage to grab either the butane torch, or more preferably the weed burning torch -- that spider is going down!!!
Bruh, what do you think Raid is for? I get it with the spiders. I don't like them either. My wife gets after me because I will spray a half a can on a hapless Black Widow.
However, Mrs. PBH is going to lose her mind if you burn down the house for a stinkin spider.

Also, I doubt the Einstein that lit our foothills on fire last night has the candlepower to earn enough money to pay for the hefty bill the fire agencies will be sending his way for his cognitive deficiencies.

·
Administrator
11,112 Posts
Whatever happened to the sole of a boot to take care of a spider?

I was going to say rolled up newspaper or magazine but you might have a hard time finding either of those

Sent from my SM-A426U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Back to Monsoon talk……..for a minute.

We had a really good storm come thru the South end of Cedar between 4 and 5 this afternoon.
I had 3/4” in my gauges after it was done. Was our best one yet. I haven’t needed to run the sprinkling system for over a week, and won’t have to for a few days. I had even fertilized the garden and flower beds this am.
Been nice !!

Also, spiders don’t bother me at all. Never have.
We used to catch them all the time growing up, kept them in Mom’s canning jars, she was not impressed at all. :whistle:
Garden spiders, black widows, even trianchilas (can’t spell it, even spellcheck didn’t get it).
Snakes the same thing, just grew up doing that kind of stuff. Actually like to watch them.

·
Registered
4,950 Posts
Came home and checked the garden. The heavy winds and rain knocked over a couple of pepper plants and busted one clean off at the base of the stalk. The tomatoes were fine, as were my trees. Folks a couple of blocks away sustained considerable tree damage, although the worst of it in town was a bit farther away still.

Also, spiders don’t bother me at all. Never have.
We used to catch them all the time growing up, kept them in Mom’s canning jars, she was not impressed at all. :whistle:
Garden spiders, black widows, even trianchilas (can’t spell it, even spellcheck didn’t get it).
Snakes the same thing, just grew up doing that kind of stuff. Actually like to watch them.
I do like snakes. And yes, tarantulas are pretty cool too.

I would have thought that snakes would be what would trigger PBH enough to burn down his house after what happened at Minersville a couple years ago.......................................... ;)

·
Administrator
11,112 Posts
Moving back to the spider, I thought that it may of been a homeowner who started the fire but sounds like it was just a confused person.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
looks like we got hit hard again at my house - weather gauge is showing almost half an inch. It came down in about 10 minutes.
I'll never get this sprinkling system done. I guess I won't need it.

I just need to get that permit approved for catfish.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
lol.

It's a miracle! Again! Weird how our prayers are always answered in July / August.

We should stop praying for rain during "Monsoon Season".
:)

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Wasn't last years monsoon rain affected by someone allegedly sacrificing a, ahem, "goat" right before the deluge. That didn't happen again, did it?

Certainly something to take into account in doing any controlled study.
Yeah, after I almost washed Cedar City off the map I decided not to invoke the power of any sort of deity anymore. Too many things can go awry.

·
Registered
4,553 Posts
Again -- we don't need prayers and sacrifices this time of year. Put that goat on the alter every Tuesday from November - April!!

Actually, let's sacrifice a mutton. I could use some steaks...

Last night was pretty intense. I think my house had a bullseye on it for all that lightening!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Again -- we don't need prayers and sacrifices this time of year. Put that goat on the alter every Tuesday from November - April!!
To actually get good snow years again it is going to take much more than that. My suggestion is throwing a virgin into a volcano. I don't know where the closest active volcano is. Yellowstone probably? As far as virgins, we are all a bunch of forum geeks around here. Shouldn't have to look too far.

41 - 60 of 63 Posts