Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like it may have arrived in southern Utah. Thunderstorms and rain this afternoon. Hopefully we see enough precipitation in it to offset the lightening caused wildfire starts.

I really miss the smell of rain.

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
It was pretty anti climatic at my house in Cedar. Only got the sidewalk wet a couple of times.
I heard Enoch got hit pretty good.
Disappointing.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
It was a very nice break from the heat today. We went for a drive in the unitas today. 40 degrees and rain. So refreshing!

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
About 2:30pm Thursday in Midvale it was a downpour! .18" of rain in 20 minutes. Total for the storm was .23" Sure was great to be out in it and the smell of dry vegetation getting wet was a welcome.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Now the question is can we keep getting these storms intermittently throughout the monsoon season? Finally getting some storm again was great, but if we go right back to triple digit temps and dry days again for weeks on end then it was just a pointless tease that won't have even mattered.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The long term will definitely be the goal but it lifted my spirits nonetheless. I know Cedar has multiple days of forecasted storm potentials ahead. I'll take it.

·
Registered
7,009 Posts
That rain storm, and 10 more like it won’t pull us out of the drought. But even if another storm doesn’t come soon, it wasn’t worthless. It’s certainly better to have one nice storm then no storms at all.

We were supposed to jump right back up to 100s tomorrow, but weather looks to be changing and it will be cooler. I’ll take it!

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Looks like rain this week.

At some point, all those prayers being said in Sunday Worship meetings across Utah are going to work....

Reactions: backcountry
1 - 20 of 197 Posts