Utah Wildlife Forum banner
161 - 180 of 197 Posts

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
My goodness!! Cedar Mountain getting pounded since about 1am. Coal Creek spiked at over 1100cfs at 3am. I think we'll see some more flooding today....

·
Super Moderator
3,605 Posts
Did CCG sacrifice another goat?!?!

Glad to hear about the rain! I hope the state recovers from this massive drought, but I would be ok if it took a few years of water shortages to help shape a new paradigm of water conservation in this state, and in the West.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
sounds like some flooding out near 2300 W and 3000 N (Flying L, Monarch Meadows) -- the Coal Creek canal overflowed it's banks.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Up here in northern Utah we are finally gettinf some GOOD rain. It was raining when I left for work at 530am and it's still raining now it 845. I slept all through the night, but my wife said it stormed all through the night too.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
That storm was weird. Never heard thunder like that before.
I woke up at 1am from the flashing lights. Looking across the valley at Cedar Mountain, it looked like the mountain was a war zone. It was pretty impressive. I watched until about 2am, then fell asleep in time for the phone emergency notice to go off at 3am, and again at 4am.

Reactions: bowgy

·
Registered
263 Posts
sounds like some flooding out near 2300 W and 3000 N (Flying L, Monarch Meadows) -- the Coal Creek canal overflowed it's banks.
Thanks for the heads up. I was gonna head over to the DNR on Airport Rd. I'll wait till tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
3,861 Posts
Rained all night at my place, all the fields had standing water, maybe the poor weeds will be able to finally sprout.

·
Registered
4,511 Posts
The in-laws are fine, but Delta sustained widespread flooding this morning. Can't say I've seen Delta and flooding in the same sentence too many times in my days.

·
Registered
4,179 Posts
thanks for the photos backcountry -- been wondering how it looked...

that's pretty impressive. Bank full at the mouth of the canyon.

Maybe we can get some catfish out at Rush Lake this fall?

161 - 180 of 197 Posts