Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wanted to get some input from some of you guys to see if you are seeing any moose out and about. Specifically I have a moose tag for the east canyon Morgan summit unit and I haven't been seeing much this year and it has me worried. I've talked to several archery hunters up there and they all say the same thing. They saw moose last year but not this year.
I'm wondering if is because of the heat that they're not out much.
Has any body been seeing any in that unit or any where else for that matter?

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've seen several, but not in your area. Wasatch West, they've been all around. In a recent thread "almost too close" I have a pic of a cow (calf ran behind momma).

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been seeing a few but nothing like in previous years. The hunt starts next week so I hope I can find a decent one.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I have been on the east canyon unit every weekend and have seen a few on the public ground again nothing like last year but I think it has to do with the heat I am seeing them on the private side in the heavy pines every day and alot of them I think if we can get some cooler temps they will go to where they were last year on the public ground and you will be ok

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Can't help you with where one is located. I can however offer this little piece of advice--

The moose hunt only gets BETTER as the season progresses. Don't worry yourself sick or wear out your patience too soon. Go spend the first couple weeks as scouting trips with a gun and get serious about hunting them closer to Oct. Best time is the last 10 days of the hunt and the leaves falling. Too often we let these "special" tags consume the experience. The moose hunt is one of the tags that affords a lot of time to hunt and enjoy.

I'll step down off my soapbox now. Good luck on the hunt and shoot one that makes you happy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts