Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early morning we(Archin and I) saw 2 elk up on the mountainside off in the distance while glassing. We decided to go after them. Went a good distance where we found good fresh elk scat and also a wallow + a spring of fresh water flowing out. We decided to set up there and wait for them...anyhow we didn't get one but we still had quite an adventure with 3 moose...check out the video ;)

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
That's quite a stare down on the path.The moose in the trees looks nice.

Reactions: phorisc

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
They always say the guys with the biggest flash on the outside are compensating for "short" falls.

Glad to hear you guys saw some elk. I elected to chase deer over the weekend but may be trying to find a needle in a haystack this weekend with the elk.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They always say the guys with the biggest flash on the outside are compensating for "short" falls.

Glad to hear you guys saw some elk. I elected to chase deer over the weekend but may be trying to find a needle in a haystack this weekend with the elk.
The elk in the wasatch front are so elusive X(

Honestly we found so much sign and scat but seeing them was just in the morning glassing. With the amount of sign and scat i'd say there has to be a herd up there but they really know how to stay safe...

·
Registered
110 Posts
It was awesome! Definatly got the blood pumping. We were hoping they would work there way to the wallow. But didn't happen. Just seeing them boosted the confidence for sure!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts