Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know most of you hate wolves, so here's a couple pics of a dead one I just got from an email. Maybe it's old, but I dunno.

The story in the email states that this guy was killed just north of Boise, ID.

Look how large he was:[attachment=1:h0mner29]wolf1.jpg[/attachment:h0mner29]

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Those can't be real wolves can they? I would estimate the one man in blue to be around 280 lbs. That would make the wolf about 400 to 500 pounds. Is there such a big bad wolf?

·
Registered
8,221 Posts
HighNDry said:
Those can't be real wolves can they? I would estimate the one man in blue to be around 280 lbs. That would make the wolf about 400 to 500 pounds. Is there such a big bad wolf?
Are we looking at the same picture? :roll:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Elkhuntingfool said:
HighNDry said:
Lemme guess - you don't do estimating for a living - or at least I hope not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
599 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
Elkhuntingfool said:
HighNDry said:
Lemme guess - you don't do estimating for a living - or at least I hope not.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I need this guy to go fishing with me he could tell eveyone about the 20lbs trout Im always catching.

·
Registered
6,154 Posts
[/quote]

I need this guy to go fishing with me he could tell eveyone about the 20lbs trout Im always catching.[/quote]

Yes and come to dinner at the Fixed Blades house to tell my wife that this is six inches.

[--------------------------------] :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
HighNDry said:
Only werewolfs can get that big... :D

But....this wolf does look extra large...maybe 170lbs...?? :?

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Maybe those pictures will end up on snopes.com with the other urban legend wildlife pranks. Remember the big bear that was shot up in Alaska? Everyone sent the picture around complete with the half eaten human that was supposedly inside of it. Turned out to be a fake story. But hunters and fishers sit around the fire at night and talk about these things so they must be true.

Most of my fish are only around 12 lbs. And I haven't had to buy any of the enhancement stuff yet. Somethings can be too big to be useful. :lol:

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
The Naturalist said:
LOAH - not everybody here hates Wolves - only those that got scared when their mommies told the story of "Little Red Riding Hood". :wink:
I don't hate wolves. I just like killing things. Something about brutally slaughtering another living entity and then hanging it on my wall just reenforces my manhood to me. 8)

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nibble Nuts said:
[quote="The Naturalist":1ihy8pd5]LOAH - not everybody here hates Wolves - only those that got scared when their mommies told the story of "Little Red Riding Hood". :wink:
I don't hate wolves. I just like killing things. Something about brutally slaughtering another living entity and then hanging it on my wall just reenforces my manhood to me. 8)[/quote:1ihy8pd5]

OKay by me - as long as there aren't any women hanging on that wall. :)

·
Registered
897 Posts
Packfish said:
Heres a site you should look over- look to the right site and click on the weekly reports.
http://www.fws.gov/mountain%2Dprairie/s ... mals/wolf/
Pardon my ignorence but who is MFWP and what authrity do they have to "authorize the removel of wolves? If my assumtions are correct (that it is a State Wildlife agency), what then is the status of Utah's effort to gain state controle of wolves?

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
MFWP is the Montana Fish Wildlife and Parks. As per agreement with USFWS, they have authority to manage wolves in the State of Montana. Same with Grizzlies.

I don't specifically know Utah's status for state management of wolves. Since there "are no wolves in Utah," formally, then I guess there is no status.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I have called in a few coyotes that big before :D They didnt run as fast so they were easier to hit on the run. I will have to post a picture or two.

HighNDry you might want to quit looking at the computer screen with a magnifying glass :wink:

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
GaryFish said:
I don't specifically know Utah's status for state management of wolves. Since there "are no wolves in Utah," formally, then I guess there is no status.
My source with the Utah DWR said he would rather see Wolves in Utah because they are easier to manage than coyotes. The coyotes are manged to a large degree by the wolves. I believe he was speaking on his personal opinion, not official DWR policy. But it is an interesting thought.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts