Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While I was stuck at work today, my wife went to the MP to do some fly fishing. Needless to say, I really should have called in sick today. It was about as perfect of a day could be this time of year. She made things worse when she called later in the day and told me the caddis's were on the water and she just landed this nice brown.

She caught it on a #16 Highland Caddis. If you don't know what that is, it is basically a hare's ear soft hackle with the last 1/4 of the fly dubbed with caddis green dubbing. I don't have a pic of one, but it is basically this with a green butt.
http://www.westfly.com/patterns/wet/softhackle.shtml

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
Wow that's a really nice lookin' Brown! Congrats to your wife! Thanks for sharing.

I know I probably sound like an idiot here, but what does MP stand for? :?

·
Registered
1,572 Posts
Dude you suck, A wife that likes to fish :shock: how unfair is that... LOL

My wife pretty much hates everything about me....

Congrats to your wife and thanks for sharing

Sweet Pic...

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
orvis1 said:
Very nice fish! How were the crowds, the combat fishing usually starts to settle down this time of year other than the warm days.
The human hatch is still going pretty strong. But if you are willing to walk, you can find some nice seams and holes all to yourself.

·
Registered
476 Posts
I was on the middle two days after your wife. I was throwing my usual minnow plugs. It was about 5:30 pm and the fish were rising like crazy. They were catapulting themselves a couple of feet out of the water. I'm assuming they were hitting some emerging caddis. It was crazy though... all over the water fish were flying! Made me wish I had brought my fly rod because they were ignoring my luckycraft... :evil:

·
Registered
476 Posts
browntown- your wisdom is much appreciated. I won't lay awake at night worrying about how I could have caught them... I seriously did...

Just a bunch of hens loosening up their eggs 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts