Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
For those who know me, I am a bow hunter. I tried with a bow for a few days but never saw anything that I could make a move on. I used up too many days on my LE Elk hunt this year so I couldn't continue my foolishness. When I saw my Billy high in the cliffs with the sun nearing it's departure, I could no longer be a dedicated archer and the long range weapon made it's way out of the truck to make up for my inadequacies. :) Here is a video of the results.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Buckfinder, the LE Elk was from the Expo.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
The elk hunt is posted on the Archery page by Huge. The horns were just under 9". I was in the Uinta's West. He was in VERY good shape after that fall. I was pleasantly surprised. Thanx for the nice comments!

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I am glad I was able to get mine with a bow but I could have just as easily walked out with nothing. I was sure to not temp anything and hiked in 8 miles with only a bow when I killed mine. My buddy with me thought I was nuts. smart or not I Had 4 days to seal the deal and was able to get things to fall into place on day 2. He looks great though with some killer hair. Congrats on a heck of a year. watching critters tumble down a hill put a pit in my stomach, can't imagine the thoughts running through your head watching.

As hard as it will be on you for not killing it with a bow it is still something few will do with a rifle or bow.

Reactions: 2:22

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
One of these years I'M going to draw one of those dan Expo tags!!

Great goat and video. Congrats - looks like such a cool animal to hunt!

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Scott, it appears the goat may have taken the suicide leap after getting hit. Glad you were able to salvage it all. Good going and thanks for sharing !

·
Registered
73 Posts
Awesome Goat thanks for sharing. I took mine last year in the same unit and I too wanted to do it with my bow but, like you time dictated I use a rifle. I won't ever regret it.

Smokepole

·
Premium Member
11,688 Posts
Congrats! The zoom makes you not appreciate the distance of the shot until you zoom out, very nice work!

nice job. how was he after that fall?
Nicely tenderized, I reckon.

Reactions: 2:22
1 - 19 of 19 Posts