Registered
1,968 Posts
Money money money

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Money money money
Yep, why don't you educate us on how to accomplish things without it? You know that saying...... Money talks, BS walks.

Reactions: Labs2

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Accomplish what?

Tell me what MDF will do to mitigate loss from wildfire?

The only thing all these millions spent on habitat for deer can say is. If we hadn't then the losses would have been worse. Pretty weak argument IMO.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Accomplish what?

Tell me what MDF will do to mitigate loss from wildfire?

The only thing all these millions spent on habitat for deer can say is. If we hadn't then the losses would have been worse. Pretty weak argument IMO.
Oh Iron Bear I could care less if you continue to live in the decades of the past where coffee shop logic can manage wildlife. I didn't say Iron Bear contribute to this cause, I put it up as information for anyone who cares. That'll be as far as an argument I'll go with you, have a nice day, I hope one day you'll broaden your perspective.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
You mean when we used to have more game then we used to know what to do with?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Says the merchant of wildlife.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IB you're entitled to your opinion, however when your opinion circulates around viable habitat not being important to robust wildlife populations, it's not hard to discredit your viewpoint. If you believe predator control is an important tool, that's fine, but I would encourage you to walk outside that circle and keep an open and reasonable mind to other aspects affecting our wildlife. The fact you don't believe money is very important, or that you shouldn't give a little if you can, proves you're a taker of the resource and not someone who actually cares about it, and I could care less what your thoughts are if you can't support the resources you exploit.

·
Registered
561 Posts
How about getting out of 1950 and recognizing that wildlife and the management therein is facing an inherently different set of problems. Do I need to use smaller words for you IB? Or can you grasp what's being implied here?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
So I guess you believe you can have a pack of wolves on you're lease and it won't matter so long as the habitat is good?

I don't. I think every bull killed by a wolf is a bull you can't sell. I think every buck killed by a cat is a buck I can't hunt.

I know your governed by the laws of supply and demand so I realize the 50s would be a nightmare for you. Because you couldn't sell a hunt if you tried.

Habitat is in deed important. I never question that. I question whether it needs help and if the efforts being made especially in concern with deer are effective or worth it. I have yet to see any evidence of HR resulting in more deer. To the contrary I believe the HR done on monroe was largely intended to help cattle and elk. Not deer. Well nothing wrong with the elk herd on monroe besides you can't hunt them. If you could the Denny Austed's of the world wouldn't pay 300k for a tag to kill a huge bull there. And Conservation groups couldn't survive on simple donations alone.

Yep it's a big ole racket and your right in the middle of it. I don't blame you. You're the smart one here. The worse my public hunting prospects get the better things get for you.

You can use as big of words as you like. I've got a decent vocabulary. And a dictionary for anything I don't understand.

·
Registered
4,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So I guess you believe you can have a pack of wolves on you're lease and it won't matter so long as the habitat is good?

I don't. I think every bull killed by a wolf is a bull you can't sell. I think every buck killed by a cat is a buck I can't hunt.

I know your governed by the laws of supply and demand so I realize the 50s would be a nightmare for you. Because you couldn't sell a hunt if you tried.

Habitat is in deed important. I never question that. I question whether it needs help and if the efforts being made especially in concern with deer are effective or worth it. I have yet to see any evidence of HR resulting in more deer. To the contrary I believe the HR done on monroe was largely intended to help cattle and elk. Not deer. Well nothing wrong with the elk herd on monroe besides you can't hunt them. If you could the Denny Austed's of the world wouldn't pay 300k for a tag to kill a huge bull there. And Conservation groups couldn't survive on simple donations alone.

Yep it's a big ole racket and your right in the middle of it. I don't blame you. You're the smart one here. The worse my public hunting prospects get the better things get for you.

You can use as big of words as you like. I've got a decent vocabulary. And a dictionary for anything I don't understand.
Iron Bear, predator managements is something that's important, it's simply not the only thing that's important.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
One eye, much of this money will be used to buy pesticides, which ultimately will kill deer not help them. And if it is not this money, it will be our tax dollars spent by county weed boards(begged from the feds, and payed by us all) to focus on these newly "important" areas. Look no further than the Wood Hollow fire in Sanpete county as an example of this. Many of the "ecology restoration" practices of the last 30 years are exactly why wildlife is in trouble.

Then the rest of the money will be wasted on improperly planting seedlings with a failure rate of as high as 95%, I can show you real world examples. Then more of the money will be wasted seeding things like crested wheat grass that have no value to wildlife and further destroy the soil micro biota, completely finishing what the pesticides did, I can show you the receipts. The last part is nothing but a hand out to the welfare ranchers.

Conservation is all but dead. It was fatally wounded, and left to die 20+ years ago. It is currently gasping for its final breaths, drowning in it's own foamy blood. Conservation is science, not the politics, money, and anti hunting practices that currently embody the former greatest achievement of Sportsmen.

The gravity of this reality will pull us further over the precipice that we are currently perched on, until we are too far gone, and have realized far too late the errors of our ways.

I'll give MDF money when they, or any other conservation org, or the DWR, can document an actual sustained net gain in wildlife as a result of money spent on sound scientifically and ecologically based conservation. We have spent more money on "conservation" in the last 20 years than in all of the previous 100, and we have essentially nothing to show for. If we talking about deer, its nothing, except a continued downward trend line. This is all the result of continuing to apply the same failed "solutions" over and over again, while never learning anything from our failures. O|*

Reactions: #1DEER 1-I

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
L.T. Where you been?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts