Utah Wildlife Forum banner
81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
2,975 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 · (Edited)
CONTEST CLOSED

I don't want Polar Bear to die from anticipation and 70 guesses is enough for this bit of fun. Lots of guys hitting really close to the width.

The buck was 35" on the button. Nambaster and Burge were closest with guesses of 34 7/8. I had my 8 year old daughter draw the name and out came Nambaster. So Nambaster, I'll PM you and get your answer on if you want the cash or the credit. Either way is fine with me.

I will start a new contest in the morning for the weekend crowd.

Here are some more photos of the Buck. He wasn't close to being done growing and would have increased his width by inches before he was done growing. He green scored in the low 220s (some variations of score put him in the 220-223 range) with his velvet on. He had numerous balled-up cheaters forming on both sides. I think he would have easily put on another 40-50 inches of "score". This is what a 250-270 buck can look like in July-- if inches are your thing. He was one of the few deer I have noticed which looks wider from the front than from the back. I thought he was 36-38 when I saw him on the hoof.

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Great contest. Thank you, it was really interesting to see everyone's guesses. This gets me even more excited for the upcoming hunts! :mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
Thanks again Packout.
I appreciate your efforts to provide this fun contest. I also remember a few times when you reached out and offered to help out guys on the forum. You're a stand up guy and a great taxidermist in my opinion. My whitetail has been on the wall for several months now and I still look forward to seeing him everyday.---SS

81 - 88 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.