Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I got got the million dollar DWR voice mail yesterday while simply sitting at work. When I listen to the voicemail, my expression was as if I had seen a ghost.

" Someone surrendered the Multi-season, Central Mtns Manti LE Elk permit, You're next in line you want it". I couldn't call her back fast enough.

I've been hunting this unit for years for Deer but never elk. Cannot wait for this season to Start!! I have a few spots that I'll be targeting based on what I've seen over the last few years. If there are places to avoid, i'm all ears. Obviously with the call last week, there has been no time to scout, but with the late call, I thought I wasn't even going to be on the mountain. Will be putting boots on the ground next weekend during the Archery hunt, but open to anyone's suggestions about where to avoid or start. I think i'll be around East mountain to start.

·
Registered
905 Posts
I got got the million dollar DWR voice mail yesterday while simply sitting at work. When I listen to the voicemail, my expression was as if I had seen a ghost.

" Someone surrendered the Multi-season, Central Mtns Manti LE Elk permit, You're next in line you want it". I couldn't call her back fast enough.

I've been hunting this unit for years for Deer and have seem some dandy bulls. Cannot wait for this season to Start!!
Better go buy a lottery ticket or something, congrats on getting the tag!

·
Registered
363 Posts
Congrats on the tag. My 16 yr old son got a call a week and a half before the muzzy started last year saying someone gave up their muzzy manti elk tag and he was next in line. I hope to read a good success story from your hunt and good luck.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Jealous doesn't even begin to describe it for me.

I'd be in a tight spot this year however. I've committed to doing some guiding for an outfitter in Wyoming.

Would be hard to say no to a tag I've been waiting 10 years for but even harder to break a commitment I've made to someone.

Please start a thread so I can live vicariously through you.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jealous doesn't even begin to describe it for me.

I'd be in a tight spot this year however. I've committed to doing some guiding for an outfitter in Wyoming.

Would be hard to say no to a tag I've been waiting 10 years for but even harder to break a commitment I've made to someone.

Please start a thread so I can live vicariously through you.

KineKilla, let me know if you do have some time. The unfortunate thing is I was called last Tuesday, and obviously gives me no time to scout for the Archery. I plan to take the Archery hunt as a scouting opportunity for the Early Rifle and into the Muzzleloader. I've usually hunted deer up by 12 mile/Ferron reservoir, but haven't seen too many bulls, so i'll be starting from scratch here. VERY open to suggestions here.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Semd me a PM. I may be able to help depending on where on the unit you want to hunt. I've hunted down south and now up north on the unit for a while.

If nothing else, I can keep an eye out and holler if I see something worth looking at.

Reactions: jman7
1 - 10 of 10 Posts