Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy and the wife is a little upset lol. Anyone have any advise or experience with this unit? Hope it is worth the 500 bucks lol

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Two words...Lowe Peak.

Also...lots of the lower country is private, so you either get permission or plan to hike a lot to get into elk country.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Realistcly if you find a nice 290-300 bull dont hesitate to shoot .there are some bigger bulls but fewer and far between. I watched a good 330 bull on that unit this year during the winter. He was by far the biggest bull I seen. That unit is in my backyard should be a fun hunt congrats

·
Registered
95 Posts
Not the bulls there used to be .My son had an early rifle tag 2 years ago and we were right down to the wire before he dropped one.

·
Registered
95 Posts
No not Ophir ,Ophir is tough after all the archery hunters get done. I could probably show you around some if you can swing out this way and bring.g a wheeler.

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
No not Ophir ,Ophir is tough after all the archery hunters get done. I could probably show you around some if you can swing out this way and bring.g a wheeler.
I know of a 330" and 350" bulls killed on the muzzy hunt last year up Ophir.
And that was after the early rifle guys had their pick.
But they were in very tough to get places.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Oquirrh-Stansbury early rifle

My friend drew a bull tag and asked me for help. I used to live in Tooele, however that was over 30 years ago. Are there any elk on the Stansbury side? Has anyone hunted it lately or any of you locals have any recent news??? Anything will be appreciated.
Randy

·
Registered
508 Posts
I found a herd of at least 150 Sunday night. I don't know the name of any mountain and am told it is public ground. I am sure we can figure it out with a map etc.

Cheddar

·
Registered
4,863 Posts
My friend drew a bull tag and asked me for help. I used to live in Tooele, however that was over 30 years ago. Are there any elk on the Stansbury side? Has anyone hunted it lately or any of you locals have any recent news??? Anything will be appreciated.
Randy
There are very few elk on the Stansburys.
If Cheddarnut saw 150 elk together.
Probably not on the Stansburys.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Yup plus 1 on the Ophir area. It does get some traffic but the elk wise up to it. And dip down into the thick stuff. They are still there though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts