Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Sounds like a great experience and congrats on a great ram! How cool to get to see your hunt area from a heli too. How did you swing that ride??

I have been looking at the Newfies for my wife’s hunt in the near future, but with the DWR’s new management strategy to manage for lower age class rams (younger rams wander less decreasing the likelihood that they’ll wander too far and find some domestic sheep to go get sick on), I’m looking at the Oak Creeks now. I’ve heard the horror stories about that causeway road.

I was trying to figure out the age on your ram. Is he 5.5 or 6.5? I’m maybe seeing another line on his horns but can’t tell for sure.

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
She has 20 if I remember right. Barring any changes in the sheep herds (always a possibility it seems), I’m pretty sure it will be the Oak Creeks or maybe the Stansburys. I killed my ram on the Stans in 2015. Not an easy hunt but close enough that she can sleep in her own bed at night. I like the Oak Creek option though, as we can camp and hunt. we’ll see…

1 - 2 of 2 Posts