Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Figured I would do a quick solo honker hunt this morning before I had to fly to Denver on business for the week. Should have had a limit of green if I played my cards right but was able to pull 4 greens, 4 honkers, 2 bands. Been a long wait for the freeze to push these urban birds in. Now I'm waiting at the airport with a big grin itching to get back home.

Attachments

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
When and where were the birds banded?

Reactions: utahbigbull

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
Very nice!!

Reactions: utahbigbull

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Now that is a nice shoot! looks like they showed up for ya!
Only had a dozen in there Saturday and Sunday. But it worked out. Had a double come in, dropped both then had one more flock come in to finish the limit. The dang greenies were pounding the slough. But the greenies like to land a little further down stream than the geese do. Still waiting for em to pile in to get you, fowl, and Dustin out. ;-)

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
he is an auto mechanic who runs his own shop. hard not to get that past him....8)
Sounds like me and Stuckduck have close to the same blood. I have been a field mechanic for a heavy construction equipment dealer for many years. Much bigger iron than aotomotive but it's all nuts, bolts, and electronics. ;-)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts