Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my favorite hole has been posted and it is my late season open water hole and now i am frustrated. i live in spanish fork and was wondering if anyone wants to PM me on any areas i can jump shoot? i do not know why my area was posted but it looks like it is a game preserve now and i need some help on where else i can go now with more ice all around.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
There are rivers all over the place down there.... pick one, any one.... also, open water channels on the lake... or up here in the Front area.... any of the WMAs up here have open water for ya. Isn't there some ponds or whatever down south of you too.... I'd imagine within an hour or so, you'd have some good shooting.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Theres lots of water still down here in utah county, lots of little rivers and creeks with big green heads on them :mrgreen: You live in the middle of them all, I live on the north end of the county and have to drive down your way to hit all of the good spots.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can anyone give me more specifics? i have lived here for six months and do not know of many public/ non posted areas. if you want to PM more specifics i would appriciate it.

when it rains it pours. i went to my other nice spot here and guess what......now it is posted as private property as well :evil: is it the time of year that so many people are so giving or what...

·
Registered
437 Posts
Try Powell Slough just take University Parkway in Orem west towards the lake just becareful of getting lost in the maze of catails

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
Years ago I used to hunt the Goshen Ocean. Salt ponds west of Goshen. I had a cousin that will go un-named that thought they were his private hunting grounds and used to post it private no-hunting even though it was /is BLM. I would just check some of the spots to make sure they are really private. :roll: I really don't like giving up spots but ........... I haven't been there in 15+ years.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts