Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my Colorado buck!!! Do you notice the deep forks!!! This buck also has a pretty face

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. I expect to see a lion pic from you next month :D Then you will be saving a few deer :D

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Cool left side with the inline and all. Great job. Were you in a blind or what?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, I shot him out of the pickup. We were waiting for it to get light and as we sat there we could see a few smaller bucks locking horns and a pretty cool looking 4x5 stepped out. He was like 20 inches wide. I would like to see what he looks like next year. Then as it got lighter then we came around the corner and there was 5 does and the buck that I killed. He was 200 yds away. I could see he had good deep forks on the left side and his right beam was a little longer and his back point on the right was pretty good and he had good width so I asked the guy that I was with if its light enough to shoot yet and he said yes and I stuck my gun out the window and BANG and be jumped into the air and kicked his back legs and took off running and we started to wobble and he got his second wind and ran another 20 yds and fell over. I double lunged him.

Maybe I should have waiting but Im pretty happy with him :D

He also has a 23 inch neck!!!! Its good that my brother is a taxidermist or I would be spending thousands on all the mounts that I have.

·
Administrator
21,456 Posts
That's a nice deer. 23 inches is a big neck!

·
Registered
193 Posts
He looks to me like he needs a trip to the taxidermy shop!!! I have a place reserved on my living room wall for something that big. :wink:

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
One shot? 200 yards out ? Good going coyoteslayer !! These guy's are right !! Cabela's may have to donate a wall for your trophies !!
Good to see the pic's !! And congrats !! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts