Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my friends dad's Nebraska Whitetail and Sagebrush do you notice the Orange in the picture.

·
Premium Member
8,234 Posts
Good look'in rack !!!!

The orange looks too yellow, to me.... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hahaha maybe in nebraska they have greener grass than in utah? :roll: :roll: jk

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It was taken on PUBLIC LAND.

·
Premium Member
2,110 Posts
Screw the grass (never thought I'd say that! :wink: ); you gotta friend? :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
4,399 Posts
Just curious... In the top photo, those deer in the background that are just sort of standing around like nothing's going on — are they real deer or fiberglass lawn ornaments?

The deer was supposedly taken on public land, yet the second photo is clearly on private property, if not in somebody's back yard. So did he shoot the deer somewhere else and transport it to somebody's yard that, coincidentally, just happened to have other deer hanging out a couple of hundred feet away? They really are lawn ornaments, right? Peculiar.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
they're lawn ornaments sometimes used to catch poachers;)

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
glad you asked where the ORANGE is CS according to the nebraska rules a ball cap does not meet the FULL requirements GOOD EYE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK,

Nebraska State Law requires hunters to wear at least 400 square inches of hunter orange on their head, back and chest AT ALL TIMES when hunting antelope, deer, elk or bighorn sheep during the firearm (rifle or muzzleloader) seasons. Camouflage hunter orange patterns are legal if the minimum square inch requirements are met. This is for your own safety, but failure to do so can result in a fine.

are you sure that is on public land?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sagebrush, hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: Well if you can't see the second picture you must not realize that the pictures was taken in his yard. You dont have to wear orange 24/7

·
Registered
5,087 Posts
coyoteslayer said:
Sagebrush, hahahaha :rotfl: :rotfl: Well if you can't see the second picture you must not realize that the pictures was taken in his yard. You dont have to wear orange 24/7
You DON'T have to, but it is the COOL thing to do. :wink: :D

Nice looking buck even if it is the size of a German Shepard! :shock: :wink:

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
coyote slayer, I'm also curious as to why someone would shoot a deer you say on public land then take the deer home without cleaning (gutting) it. to take some photos?

does he not know how to clean an animal? Or just did not have a knife with him?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
coyote slayer, I'm also curious as to why someone would shoot a deer you say on public land then take the deer home without cleaning (gutting) it. to take some photos?

does he not know how to clean an animal? Or just did not have a knife with him?
I will give you his phone number and you ask him if you are so worry about it.

·
Premium Member
8,501 Posts
A pretty common practice in Nebraska is to shoot the deer, and then take it to the barn and hang it and then gut it into a bucket. This keeps the meat MUCH cleaner than gutting and then hauling the deer out. They you take the bucket out and dump it someplace more strategic to bring in the coyotes. So the fact that it isn't gutted is no big deal. Its actually pretty common. Especially in areas where it may less than a mile or two from where you shoot the deer, to your barn.

Also - I don't know in this case, but "public land" does not necessarily mean federal or state owned land. The term "public land" in Nebraska is synonomous with "public access land," or land that may be privately owned, but is part of the walk-in access program. So many "public land" hunting locations can be crop land. The other thing - is that the state, counties, and even cities out there maintain ownership of several corridor type lands - along streams, heavily treed areas, that kind of thing. They may be 500 feet wide and three miles long, similar to what you see in the background in the pictures. Public land out there does not come in million acre chunks like in Utah - it may be 1 acre, or 5 acres. But still accessed as public land.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
coyoteslayer , why do you get all festered when someone asks a question?

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
coyoteslayer , why do you get all festered when someone asks a question?
I never do because I never take what you say serious. I laugh more at you because of the lame things you say.

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Am I the only one that can see the slit in the deers belly? When I first looked at this yesterday, I knew that it was a staged photo and most likely not in the place that he shot it. It also looks like they took a hose to him to clean blood off as the hair on the back half looks wet. I think it is a heck of a buck and a nice job in taking a clean photo with out all of the blood. They could have tucked his knees under him and put his rack on the skyline. That's how the big boys do it. I don't care if he has orange on or not. In fact I think orange ruins a photo. He's in someones back yard. Great job, Great buck, Great photo.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts