Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have sent some letters out with no response. Are there, or anyone know of any landowners that would let me hunt on their land (even for a fee).

I have the Multi Season (Premium Limited Entry). I pretty know where the Elk are, just need the access.

My Main point of entry would be up West Canyon Rd on the east side of Lowe, but I am trying to find access to that too.

I am an ethical hunter who respects the land I am utilizing for my harvest. I do not drink alcohol, nor smoke tobacco. I am respectful and if successful plan to leave your land as it was found, clean and unmolested.

If I am successful, here are the dates for which I am looking for access:
8/15-9/11-Archery, 09/12-09/20-Rifle, 11/07-11/15-Rifle. I may not need all of this time if I am able to harvest.

Any guidance would be appreciated. :D

·
Registered
134 Posts
You mean to say you don't drink or smoke!? Well you must be a woman then. Just flash your boobies and you should get access

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
A letter? Seriously???? That's really a great way to gain access.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Guess I could show up at their home unannounced since I have no other way to contact them.

Thought I was being polite and respectful, but hell, no one knows what those words mean now-a-days lol.

I am new at doing this and any helpful tips would be great

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Guess I could show up at their home unannounced since I have no other way to contact them.

Thought I was being polite and respectful, but hell, no one knows what those words mean now-a-days lol.

I am new at doing this and any helpful tips would be great
Yes your best avenue is to start knocking on doors, politely introduce yourself and go from there. Chances are you'll have to make several trips but will end up with a couple of hunting spots...good luck.

Reactions: TowHitch1

·
Super Moderator
9,421 Posts
When you go a knockin just be aware of time frames of some people. If it is farm country and you see someone on a tractor wait until the tractor is at the end of the field. If you go on a Sunday be aware of church and dinner times and try and avoid them. If you pull into a yard and a dog comes out barking at you you will have to determine if you want to get out of your vehicle or not, but if you don't and someone is home odds are that they will come out to meet you and yell at the dog for barking.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
When you go a knockin just be aware of time frames of some people. If it is farm country and you see someone on a tractor wait until the tractor is at the end of the field. If you go on a Sunday be aware of church and dinner times and try and avoid them. If you pull into a yard and a dog comes out barking at you you will have to determine if you want to get out of your vehicle or not, but if you don't and someone is home odds are that they will come out to meet you and yell at the dog for barking.
Also if the landowner denies you permission, be extremely respectful and thank them for their time and try to build a relationship for down the road. You might also ask them if they know anyone in the area who might be open to allowing you to hunt their property....they tend to know everyone and who does what.

Reactions: Bax*

·
Registered
4,853 Posts
From what I know about West Canyon is it is owned by several land owners. Some sort of association. I still think you would be fine finding a bull of your liking coming in from Ophir Canyon.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts