Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Saturday morning, my young son Collin & I hit the blind at o-dark-thrity, the deer were in full rut & at a bout 08:30, this fella came in hot on a doe. I took him with the .243 at about 50 yards. He is one of the biggest bodied deer I've ever taken. Not the biggest rack, but respectale, none-the less. Had the Fish & Game guys age him, he was 3 1/2.

Happy Fall!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Hey where were you at? What unit? I hunted the Pine Ridge and shot a doe the last hour of daylight.

I'm quickly getting sold on whitetails...they are delicious.

If you need a muzzleloading partner to shoot another one, let me know, I'll be glad to hunt with you!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm in Hastings, South Central. The unit is Republican. We have about 200 acres of river/woodland/crop. It's the first year on this ground & what a great season. I've been bowhunting it for about 5 days prior to the rifle hunt and there are some monsters on the property. I'll be back out Wed for more bow hunting. Whitetails rock!

·
Registered
602 Posts
That's some good stuff right there. I know the general area, but not the specifics. I'm serious though, if you ever want/need/are lonely for a hunting partner, or if you want some does thinned out or something, or if you have a buck that is too big for you to shoot with a good concious, I would be more than happy to help you out, and meet you.

You probably have some decent turkey/duck/goose hunting in that area too don't you? Looks like a great place...good job and keep posting.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts