Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving tomorrow around 3 and plan to be gone through Sunday but should get an elk sooner, rather not go up alone. A love of hiking and experience quartering an elk is a huge plus, the hike in is about 3 miles. We will be leaving from my office building on Foothill over by the U and you can leave your car here. Plan to eat well for dinner but bring whatever snacks you want for breakfast and lunch on the trail.

I realize it is short notice, so any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
4,901 Posts
I wished I had more time on hand to help out folks like yourself.
It's a good idea not to go out alone.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I realize that some guys have already taken time off work for the hunt and others have honey-dos to make up for the time away, but fingers crossed.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll have you know 06 that the 150 grain ttsx sure did its job this year! Found my new elk/deer/bigfoot/whatever load!
I was surprised a bit myself after both single shot kills last year, but I am a believer for sure and will keep using it. Not many 150 grain bullets can do what they can for mass retention and penetration.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I wish I could go. I want to go elk hunting bad. I hunt completely alone a lot of the time. It doesn't bother me too much but it is always more enjoyable and safer to have another person in camp.

Cheddar

·
Registered
2 Posts
It's probably too late now, but I'll be fishing in that area tomorrow. Never quartered an elk, but could help pack one out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts