Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of us are using our airboats on Saturday morning (august 1rst at 7:30 am) to help spray some phragmites for the Bear River Refuge. I need one or two people to spray while I drive the airboat. If you can help, let me know.
R Jefre
385-215-6486

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
:tape2:

·
Registered
469 Posts
What's the best way to get involved in this kind of thing? I want to help give back to the places I love spending so much time in.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This kind of thing just comes down to having the equipment that they need to do some work, and having the willingness to volunteer the time.
Fowl Minded and Wasatch Wigeons seem to be pretty active in local efforts. As for me, I just do what I can, when I can.
R

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
Are they doing any weekend work at FB. I would be happy to help on a weekend at FB spraying or whatever is needed. Would drag my son and grandson along too if it was a Saturday.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We started at the Perry entrance (Reeder Overflow) at the public boat ramp. The flow was overgrown with phrag and we had to break through some spots. We sprayed it all the way to the Reeder. We then sprayed almost all the way out to Unit 5. I'd say that 1/2 of the spraying will benefit public access improvement down that channel.
R

1 - 9 of 9 Posts