Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It pains me to say this but I gotta share. IF you live in utah county, there is a place up AF canyon that you could literally catch 10 fish in 30 minutes.
Tibble fork is mostly iced over. It does have snow on it so that is insulating it from getting thicker.
I went up saturday around 1:30pm and tested the ice. Nobody was walking out on it since I figured none of them ice fished and they had recently heard about the dogs in tooele goin in the pond.
Anywho, I drilled a hole and got through pretty quickly. Top layer of snow about 6inches and then 4-5 inches of ice. Not the best ice, clear like it should be but it was plenty safe. I wouldn't take 50 people out on it but my kid and I were fine. 9 fish in 30 min and totaled 15 in about 2 hours.
Easy fun if you wanna take your kid out fir a little ice fishin and you don't need to fish all day to catch em.
Ice flies with any type of worm will work fine. Those fish don't get fed often so go have at em.
Don't plan on taking any unless you like to eat small fish.
Biggest one I caught was 13 inches and smallest about 6.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Went back up there yesterday with some nephews and did pretty good again.
Ice is thicker the closer to the east side of the shore you go. But if you fall in...no lawsuits here! Ice was about 6 inches.
You can see my holes cuz I am the only one who has been up there ice fishin it looks.
Take the kiddies out and catch a few fish and chuck em back!
Enjoy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts