Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
The only thing I would not recommend is any of the caytalitic heaters. They dont light well when cold and if it gets rained on they rarley light again. I would recommend one of these ones

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... id=0020990

I personaly dont have one but my father in law does and it works great, puts out a ton of heat, and you can cook on it if ya wanna. Also they can be adapted to a big tank, just make a camo cover for the tank.

This model is good because you can get a double or a triple. The triple dumps a ton of heat out would easly keep three guys warm in a boat.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

·
Registered
124 Posts
A heater for the boat??? Don't forget the Laz-E-Boy and the big screen! :roll: Holy crap! I've been doing this hunting thing all wrong for way too long! j/k Reminds me of some of those duck blinds you see in the South and back East though that are like small apartments that you could probably live in fairly comfortably. More power to those smart enough to be comfortable I guess. :wink:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Normally I just keep warm in my boat by holding my gun barrel because its warm from shooting so many ducks and geese, but latly I have been waiting for my buddies to shoot their limits and find myself getting a little chilly.....I also like my ducks bodies to be comfortably warm as they make the transiition into the after world hunting marsh.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Mr Pappageorgeo said:
Normally I just keep warm in my boat by holding my gun barrel because its warm from shooting so many ducks and geese, but latly I have been waiting for my buddies to shoot their limits and find myself getting a little chilly.....I also like my ducks bodies to be comfortably warm as they make the transiition into the after world hunting marsh.
:lol: Nice....

In answer to the question, couldn't you just use a couple of those propane fueled round heaters in the plastic frame?? One at each end of the boat or something? Just make sure your grass camo or whatever doesn't burst into flames.... oh, probably ought to keep them away from your gas can as well. :wink:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts