Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to go out and get a few carp this week. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a few? I have a bow, a boat, a rod, and a spear.

I know an old honey hole from college but it's been 10 years since I hit it so I don't know if it's going to be productive.

Northern Utah, if possible.

·
West side Utah Lake
3,905 Posts
I need to go out and get a few carp this week. Does anyone have any recommendations for where to get a few? I have a bow, a boat, a rod, and a spear.

I know an old honey hole from college but it's been 10 years since I hit it so I don't know if it's going to be productive.

Utah lake

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
I'll drive by the fields of cutler tonight- if any (which I doubt) are flooded- I suggest a 7 iron - possibly a 5 if you need a tinch more length.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Utah lake
Anything more specific than UL? Obviously I don't want anyone to post their secret spots for carp, if anyone has secret spots for carp.

And no golf clubs packfish. Although I do have a pretty nice gaff hook. ;-)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Any of the bays at Pineview on the east side.
Weber River along the bike trail through Riverdale.
21st Street pond
Walk the dikes at Willard

·
Registered
5,759 Posts
Anything more specific than UL? Obviously I don't want anyone to post their secret spots for carp, if anyone has secret spots for carp.

And no golf clubs packfish. Although I do have a pretty nice gaff hook. ;-)
There isn't a secrete spot in utah lake this time of year. There everywhere!

·
JMgardner
418 Posts
how far northern Utah, and how many carp you looking for? I think I know a random pond that has quite a few

·
1,666 Posts

I know a spot in Wyoming, you can get about 20-40 in the next week - before the ponds dry up leaving the birds to the remains.

Also, the Willard Spur would be a good place to bow fish on a boat.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm in SLC but I can travel if there are some easy carp to find.

I need as many as I can get. 50-100, depending on size.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know a spot in Wyoming, you can get about 20-40 in the next week - before the ponds dry up leaving the birds to the remains.

Also, the Willard Spur would be a good place to bow fish on a boat.
How far into Wyoming?

·
1,666 Posts
Blacks Fork River by Flaming Gorge, So about 3 hours from SLC.

50-100 would be quite a chore. Some of the ones are around 20 lbs, in this little spot.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Just curious, but why do you need so many? are you fertilizing a garden or something?

·
Super Moderator
4,248 Posts
Just curious, but why do you need so many? are you fertilizing a garden or something?
Years ago I worked at a custom cutting shop(beef,pork,wild game ,etc.)We cut frozen cod and halibut(whole fish)for a fish company.Well I took a bunch of the bone dust(collects in the saw) and put on my roses.2 days later I had every cat and whatever in the neighbor hood in my yard,and I buried the stuff 6 inches deep.Was not a pretty site.-O,-

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I know someone who needs some bear bait for an out of state bear hunting trip.

·
Registered
1,568 Posts
Launch from AF Harbor, head east. There's the **** plant just barely east of the harbor, has the creek feeding into the lake. Continue further east and there are a few other creeks feeding into it. They are generally all chuck full of carp.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts