Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the market for a new bow and wondering what some of your suggestions might be. I'm looking to stay around 800-900$ fully equipped. I'm currently shooting an old browning that is about at the end of its life. I"m about a 27.5 draw length so that seems to limit some of the bows I have been looking at.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't listen to a word that anyone says and just go shoot them. Pick the one that feels the best and go with it and work out the payment later. Asking what kind of bow people like is almost as bad as asking someone who they support for president, all out war will follow.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Don't listen to a word that anyone says and just go shoot them. Pick the one that feels the best and go with it and work out the payment later. Asking what kind of bow people like is almost as bad as asking someone who they support for president, all out war will follow.
Couldn't have said it better myself. Go in and shoot a variety and let the bow choose you.

·
Senior Goof
3,605 Posts
I will say, I prefer bow shops over big box. At least to shoot them and gain some knowledge. Always best to talk to people who know what they are doing. If you are in the Salt Lake or further south, you have some great options. Also, I find many of them are willing to dicker on the price and match.

I always endorse Jake's Archery on these but that is because they carry many different options, are more than willing to set you up, and always save me a ton.. Put all that aside and I really like that you can get any bow in the shop Ready-To-Shoot. There are different package options to have you setup and they all save you money over buying things individual. That was a huge difference when buying my bow. If you go there tell them you lost your expo coupon for 10% off but ask if maybe they have a spare laying around? :) That's off the whole purchase....

Others on here can recommend more shops, but I would definitely recommend shooting before buying!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
Best advice I've ever heard in a situation such as yours.

Good luck and have fun!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice, I have gone and looked at a few bows but haven't shot any yet so that will be the next step. I'm probably going to stick with a local shop, I've been to sportsmans and cabelas and don't love their service/knowledge.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts