Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well unfortunately I’ve lost 2 young hunting dogs in the last year one to a car and one to foxtails. We have to have better luck on this one! I’m super excited to get my hands on this guy. Luckily I’ve got some puppy experience now. We make the long drive next Sunday to pick him up.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Good looking pup--sorry about your other two dogs

Ya know...you wouldn't have to drive near as far or spend near as much if you wanted a saw dust brained English Pointer pup--hell, they give them away for free on KSL and I guarantee you would find and kill more wild birds :grin:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
My german wirehair had foxtails in between her toes. One moved up into her foot and it required surgery to fix. After that, I was paranoid and inspected for foxtails after every hunt. The problem is it would take more time to remove foxtails than I spent hunting. I hate foxtails.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good looking pup--sorry about your other two dogs

Ya know...you wouldn't have to drive near as far or spend near as much if you wanted a saw dust brained English Pointer pup--hell, they give them away for free on KSL and I guarantee you would find and kill more wild birds
Haha! Not gonna lie I love pointers they are nice dogs. I wouldn't doubt I'll own some in my lifetime. Once I get a versatile up and going I might snag one just for the uplands. I got both my previous dogs from the same guy and he felt pretty bad about the whole deal so he's giving me this pup! The dam and sire Don't run huge but they are 3-400 yard dogs so hopefully I get the same out of this guy.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
My german wirehair had foxtails in between her toes. One moved up into her foot and it required surgery to fix. After that, I was paranoid and inspected for foxtails after every hunt. The problem is it would take more time to remove foxtails than I spent hunting. I hate foxtails.
The foxtails are killers man. I hate them with a passion!!! One way to get around spending tons of time pulling foxtails is to buy a short haired dog.. 😆

·
Registered
173 Posts
The foxtails are killers man. I hate them with a passion!!! One way to get around spending tons of time pulling foxtails is to buy a short haired dog.. 😆
Foxtails suck. I think my vet loves it when I show up because he knows I'm at least a hundred bucks or more.

I've watched both of brendo's dogs work a field. Both had some serious potential and looked great on point. I expect no less out of this new one. Can't wait man!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts