Utah Wildlife Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This'll be my new decoy bag when I get one..... my only beef is that it only holds three dozen dekes and I know from experience I can put more than that on my back.... like sixty or so..... :lol: Anyone have any ideas on carrying a couple dozen more dekes with me if I'm walking out anywhere?? I suppose the way I have my dekes rigged, I could just carry a dozen cords in each hand.....

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templ ... hasJS=true

·
Registered
60 Posts
Looks like a pretty good bag.

Did you ever think about getting some sort of sled to pull the rest of your dekes?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Wow nice...
You can carry 60 decoys on a death march in the marsh? I think your sack is big enough if you can do that :lol:
Man If I tryed that now days you might as well bury me in the bag out there.
I try to travel light as possable with just enough to attract em in.

Good Luck
Spry

·
Registered
30 Posts
RiverRat,
That's the one! I would be careful about loading it with more than the 3 dozen (you really don't need that many anyway). My bag is always 50% heavier coming back in for some reason :shock: . Also might want to leave some room for those 7 greenheads on the trip back in too because they are heavy :wink:

WP

·
Registered
688 Posts
Get some of those Featherlite inflatable decoys, you could probally fit a thousand of them in that thing. I have a dozen of them and mix them in with regular dekes and they move around really good with the slightest breeze.

·
Registered
6,336 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Spry Yellowdog said:
Wow nice...
You can carry 60 decoys on a death march in the marsh? I think your sack is big enough if you can do that :lol:
Spry
Yeah, have done.... thanks for the compliment. :lol: Two years ago, I did it several times at Farmington and this last trip I did it twice in two days.... I definitely need a new pack setup. The bungees I'm using now ripped two holes in my waders when I went to set down my packframe. :evil: Thank god I've got some Aquaseal at home... I'll try and patch em but if I can't, well, I just might be packing tons of clothes under my breathables for the rest of the season. Maybe I can talk the wife into some new ones for my birthday or Christmas.... its been about three or four seasons for these neoprenes anyway and I'm rough on em. Thanks for the advice folks.... I guess I better justify the # of dekes by saying that the reason I'm taking so many is that when I pack, I'm hitting high pressure areas where the birds don't give you much of a look (it seems anyway) unless you have a good bunch of dekes and you can kinda get away from the other folks. I don't have the luxury of a boat (no, this isn't a rag on boaters comment) so I have to rely on myself to get some separation. I'll keep your suggestions in mind when I'm out looking... thanks again guys.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts