Utah Wildlife Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi UWN,

Been a lurker since last year, but since I drew a tag I had to join this year....right?

Anyway, since at some point I'll be picking your collective brains, here's a little about me:

I'm a 28 year old police officer in a small town in Clermont County Ohio. I'm married to a school teacher killing-machine-in-training and just had my first kid who I'm pretty sure will toting a bow before he can walk.

My hunting background started in '99 when I began bow hunting whitetails in my home state of Kentucky. I started working for a local taxidermy shop at 15. At 17 I was invited to work for a high end Safari company in South Africa and I spent about 5 months working and hunting everyday.

Since then I have moved to Ohio and taken many big whitetails with my bow. I take an almost yearly trip to North Carolina to hunt black bears with hounds- that's a rush! Last year I took my first trip out west, to Wyoming, and killed a 140" 4x5 Mule deer and a 15" antelope.

Currently, I run a small guiding service in Ohio. I also write for a few websites and freelance for outdoor magazines. I really enjoy writing and have recently begun to learn "good" photography to compliment my articles.

I'm totally addicted to western hunting now (its very similar to the African style). I can't wait for August to come to Utah for velvet Mule deer.

Thanks again for all the guidance and information to come! Happy Hunting Utah-ians!:mrgreen:

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
My best elk hunting buddy moved to Ohio a couple of years ago and yesterday he sent me an e-mail about a whitetail property he wants me to go in on. Sounds like fun but Ohio is dang far away!

·
Administrator
21,330 Posts
Howdy! Nice pictures.

·
Bjorne Lou Tsar
3,340 Posts
He's a cop!!!! RUN! Man do you have a lot of enforcement to do here!!!

Welcome to the forum. I'm pretty jealous of that whitetail BTW.

·
Premium Member
3,720 Posts
Welcome and good luck on the hunt.

·
Premium Member
4,248 Posts
:welcome:

·
Premium Member
11,689 Posts
Welcome to the forum; so you arent moving here, just drew a tag? Best of luck to you!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts